Missing Gem Cuts

Kailand

Hi,

I was just browsing through the roster (see the great hall sticky) and noticed that we are still missing quite a few gem cuts within the guild. In the past I have contributed to help purchase some of the AGI patterns for Aletia, and would like to help donate gold to aid in the purchase of the cuts for gem patterns that are missing within the guild.

I would like to know who I should donate gold to (which banker toon,etc), and would like to encourage all crushers to donate some gold to acquire these patterns. As well, it would be nice to compile a list of which cuts that are desired that aren't currently known in guild.

So far all the agi cuts are known, but some of the important tanking cuts aren't:

Solid Star of Elune (+12 stam / Blue Gem)

Enduring Talasite (+4 def/+6 stam / Green Gem)

I'm not sure on the cuts, so please add to this thread

Solid Star of Elune is indeed missing entirely; not one jewelcrafter in the guild (after talking with every one of them that I know of that's 350+) has it, so that's a definite target for acquisition. In my experience, that and most of the meta gems show up periodically on the AH, but are HEAVILY overpriced (1200g+) and I don't see the sense in paying that much for them, especially with donated funds. For that much money, I'd much rather pick up other missing ones that are priced lower and try to find an external friend that would cut them for nothing...while just waiting for them to drop for a Clanmate to donate to the cause that way.

Incidentally, I'll be expending some of my (precious) research tokens to get the new Halaa cut released with 2.2 (once the auth server works again and we retake Halaa), so that should be available soonish. Subsequent farming to replenish my research tokens may turn up other dropped cuts, so who knows (my last farming expedition in Nagrand turned up three blue cut drops).

The guild fund held on Crusherbank is growing and is intended for use of helping fund such things (with guild need in mind) as well as loaning out for personal needs. Let me know when its needed.

Hello everyone..I know it's been a while since I've talked to some of you. I hope your travels have been good. I know I'm not on Lomar a lot atm (still dealing with a move for work...which I hope comes soon), so I'm still on dial up. Just wanted to throw my services out there for anyone in the skullcrushers.

Lomar knows the Solid Star of Elune Cut and would be more than happy to make them for anyone. Just contact me in game.

My alts (which is about the only thing I can do on dial up are: Bralor/priest, Rorzar/warlock, Zumat/mage, Delurn/druid, and Martuf/shaman. Once again I hope all of you are doing well. Hope to see you all in the game :)

I checked the new Halaa cut out today and it was a bit "too rich for my blood" for right now, with the cost being four research tokens. Once I get the last two I need for the nice mount from there, I'll start saving up some dust for the new stamina/resilience gem cut purchase :) On a side note, does anyone even use resilience gems? I haven't had a single request so far...

As for some of the others, I've noticed a trend on the AH that is somewhat disturbing. It seems that, at least for the Solid Star of Elune, the same seller keeps listing/delisting it in hopes of getting a buyout on it (959/989 are the starter/buyouts on it, if I remember correctly). This has gone on for days now and I can only assume it's the same pattern since it's HIGHLY unlikely that the person has looted more than one. Also, there seem to be at least 2-4 cuts that are being offered by the same person, so I'm wondering if someone's trying to disturb or fix the market by combining guild-wide pattern drops with a single seller. I'm an industrious farmer, but even though I see tons of blue loot, even I'm not THAT lucky.