Something to share. . .

Corellon

Something I just heard about, I have to share. . .

Budsp a guild member from SWG and a workmate/friend of mine, he's played on a pvp server, burning blade, for about 2 years now. Yesterday he found out that he has a bounty on one of his toons heads. This is because of a 57 rogue that decided to start ganking 30s and Bud was trying to stop this. Well to make a long story short and keep me from laughing so hard that I pee myself. This doesn't happen on an RP server and I told him so!! So while he gets killed a few hundred times a night you can all feel safe to know that i'm laughing at him all the time now ;).

Thats great! I know what a pain in the butt a pvp server can be when you are a low lv getting killed by bored high lv toons...which is why i only lasted a couple months (STV was always the worst). Glad I dont have to deal with that any more ;)

Hehehe, yep, these kinds of things happen on PvP servers more often than you'd think. I played on one in WoW for a very short time, but was on one in another game for awhile, as well as being a long-time jedi in SWG (back when we were perma-flagged to everyone, but crazy-tough to kill). On the jedi, aside from the standard game-mechanic bounties, I had 2-3 player-sponsored bounties on my head at one time, but I was almost always one step ahead of those who tried to collect on them ;)

Things I realised when playing perma-flagged:

• It was not for me...I play to relax, not always look over my shoulder
  • It is very good to be the second player on the server to hit cap level...nobody messes with you ;)
  • Escalation rules always apply - kill someone and they'll bring two buddies to return the favour, and the numbers go up quickly
  • Even when everyone is a target ("FFA" servers/games), not everyone is really a target...learn who's who quickly or you'll find yourself being dead longer than you're alive...every time you log in :D
  • It can be fun and makes trivial tasks more complicated. Instance entrances and farming areas are only some of the obvious places you'd have issues getting to...there are many more (annoying) spots where you will need great patience to endure what you'll get :p

In game bounties can be very fun. In Shadowbane when we played it for a short time, I played an assassin (Big surprise), but I actually strictly roleplayed it in game, i.e. I only killed people for a reason i.e. in city siege battles, I would spend hours infiltrating the opposition city, get close to the guild/city leader and take my shot at killing them to disrupt city defense. I used "enemy" forums to post assassination notices. Quick way to make you a target, but from that aspect of using game mechanics (as a one shot kill for an assassin was possible), was a great deal of fun for me.

Too bad you can't combine all the best elements of all the MMPOG's out there

Ive always wondered since i was originally going to leave SWG and go to a PvP server with a bunch of people from Tempest. Especially never having made Jedi or got to play a bounty hunter( though wish they still had the type command to flag people of other faction in your city when the BH's came after my Jedi)

Not sure how PvP willbe set up in Warhammer( Though guessing similiar to DaoC which i also have no clue about) it sounds intriquing to say the least.

Having an interest in military snipers( read LOTs of books) the one shot one kill thing form Shadowbane woudl be really cool.

I do miss banning all the CGFs form my city(since i was PR rep for both guild and main recruiter for mine) Id offer them access for money speeders etc when theyd land or someone would see the 6 PC's moving one at a time across the city), put it in city bank, reban em, then post on the forums lmao :wizard:

Gonna pack up all stuff in inventory in SWG in June, may have to reactivate and remember the old times. :wizard: