Gruul's Lair

Amahli

Remember folks, Gruul's Lair is on this Wednesday!

Anyone who hasn't popped by the Wartent to check out the strategy for the first encounter, PLEASE do so. It's important if everyone has an idea (even a vague idea) of what they need to be doing. I will go over it all on Wednesday again, to alleviate any misconceptions or questions folks have.

Also, if everyone could download the KTM threat meter. It will better help you know if you are going to be pulling aggro. This is EXTREMELY important in the case of DPSing Krosh and Kiggler down. These two miniboss-things will have caster tanks, and DPS needs to be slow and steady, WITHOUT pulling aggro. If a ranged DPS pulls aggro off of our Mage Tank, for instance, Krosh can charge into the crowd and Blast Wave, taking out half the raid. No bueno.

I will also be using CT Raid to set up main tank windows, yadda yadda, etc, and so on.

Anyhoo, feel free and encouraged to bring potions for health, mana and stat-increasers. We have plenty of Alchemists that I'm sure will be more than happy to make some potions, provided the mats :tease:

One more thing. With a guild our size, it was expected that we will have more people interested than spots available. We were used to the 40man raids, where we could have nearly everyone involved. In Gruul's Lair there are only 25 spots, and I have to be sure to maintain a class balance. As much as I would like to include everyone that signs up, it's unrealistic. This INCLUDES inviting people from outside the guild that I, and others in our guild, know are competent and reliable.

Relikk has offered to help by making a Tanking schedule for a week-to-week rotation, so that our multitude of warriors can all get some action. Honestly, we've got warriors coming out our ears :p And I'm also going to try to get everyone else that has expressed interest to rotate in. Bide with me, it's my first raid.

Other than that, I look forward to Wednesday!

Edited by Amahli

I have been looking forward to this. I did sign up, but am worried over getting home for the start time. I had to extend my stay in CT for an extra day, and its a 4.5 hour drive home for me. I hope I can make it. I also had told Mas that I would be able to run Kharzan with him, but not thinking it is on the same night as Amahli's. Sorry, I told Amahli that I'd run her Gruul run first!

So far, everyone who I've accepted on the Raid Signups are those who are attending. However, there are some folks who haven't used the Raid Signups, but are still going. Although it's a LOT easier if everyone would use the raid signups.

Indeed....a great start....Tonac put it best tonight by keeping the goal simPULL.

Aye....22% and at full on....trinket powas were strong and the mana regen had me still at half after one inervate....he woulda been down definetly in less than a minute more.......the Blind eye team is gonna get him next time for sure!!!!

oooo anticipation.

Gawd it was fun like the old days.....*heads to bed to dream of longago and future fun*

I am really bummed out I missed it. But gawd this edema is bad. I think this might be a pattern - play one day - spend the next with the feet up. I thought I was waddling before - but now to bend one's feet is hurting ><

Hopefully after Sunday I will have my glider and ottoman ( of course we have to get rid of our dining room table... we so need a new apt =/ ) and I can at least have the ottoman for my feet.

I am really bummed out I missed it. But gawd this edema is bad. I think this might be a pattern - play one day - spend the next with the feet up. I thought I was waddling before - but now to bend one's feet is hurting ><

Hopefully after Sunday I will have my glider and ottoman ( of course we have to get rid of our dining room table... we so need a new apt =/ ) and I can at least have the ottoman for my feet.

If you're all like "OMG pally plz?!" then I'm your elf. I'm usually on Alhamode, grab me sometime. You know you want to.