Decursive Replacement

revile

Decursive replacement

I went raiding yesterday to Molten Core with my undead priest, and with the help of someone from the guild found a good replacement for Decursive. And the beauty is that you don't even need to download anything, you just make a "Decursive 2.0" macro saying

/cast [target=mouseover] Dispel Magic

What that does is when you press the hotkey for the macro it casts Dispel Magic (replace with the name of your decursing spell if you ain't a priest) on whatever target your mouse is hovering over. You don't need to click with the mouse to decurse. In a big raid I just set up CTRaidAssist to display all curses that I can dispell and just whack-a-mole, hovering the mouse over the list of players and spamming the decursive macro button. In a small group I could even target the players on the screen, as curses change their avatars color. It isn't quite as fast as the old Decursive, but pretty close. Nifty!

See if that works.

How do you show all 40 players on the screen at once? If I show more than 5 groups, I end up cutting into the main part of my screen.

I once saw a screenshot of a player who had all 40 players vertically listed, enclosed in one box. It took out very little room, however, I cannot find it.

Rel

If you are asking me, I'm still looking for the ideal solution. This is where I really miss NeedyList since only the names of those who needed the buff or decursive I have available would appear.

Right now I have all 40 showing in tiny boxes, and that's not ideal either. So yeah, I'm looking for a better solution too.

I'm working on finding a way to do this a bit better, but haven't had much success yet. One of my problems with macros and clicking/hovering is that I can't move very well while I do it (becomes pretty important in some fights where getting in/out of line of sight quickly is important). For fights like Gehennas, it's easy enough to do something like this (and a good solution, actually), but there's got to be a better way. People are already finding work-arounds to some of Blizzard's new restrictions, so time will tell if we can ever recapture even a portion of Detox/Decursive-style behaviour...

In the meantime, though, this really is a good idea...I always overlook the mouseover targetting for some reason when I'm playing with mod coding. I'll have to take another look to see what other functionality is in there that I may be overlooking. Gah, if only there were more hours in the day!

As for displaying all 40 players without cutting into the screen too much...welcome to a healer/raid leader's world :p I have very little actual "display area" where I can see the fights while playing Verissi (even less when I played a paladin) because I need to see things like health/mana levels, buffs, debuffs, etc. I used to shrink the boxes to give me more room to see what's going on, but I found that I was straining to read names and couldn't do quick-glances to see how health/mana were doing. I fixed some of this by having the boxes recoloured if certain conditions were met (debuffed, afk, etc), but sometimes I need a bit more detail than the colours provide.

Relikk, you are referring to perfectraid, which I do not think has been updated yet. Im sure someone will let us know if Im wrong there!

As a healer and raidleader, I find it imperative to have all the boxes up. Having a widescreen monitor does help me, but I did it with the old 19 inch too. I currently use Ora2 with sraidframes (Thanks to Ghules!), and it allows me to scale the boxes. That way, I can keep an eye on the groups for healing, and it also allows me to make better decisions on the fly with the names displayed. Couple that with raidstatus and OraCooldownFu, and I know exactly what everyone has in reserve for the raid.