MC's fire pots

Scryll

I bring a lot of fire pots for the raid. I supply some of the mats through my own farming, and Maube supplies most of the others through collecting donations to the raid bank and her own farming. I try to bring between 45-60 pots a run. That seems like an awful lot, and it is. Three stacks of dreamfoil and six stacks of elemental fire is a noticeable investment in farm time, not to mention about the limit of my available bag space :-) Maube brings a few stacks of her own to hand out, in addition to the materials she supplies to me and some people maintain significant personal stockpiles for their raiding needs, like Relikk. All those pots usually still are not enough to give everyone in the raid the required minimum of fire pots for a single attempt.

In past weeks, many members of the raid have been bringing their own pots. This is a good thing, something I want to encourage, because it's very difficult for the raid bank to give everyone enough fire pots. If something goes wrong and we wipe, forcing a second attempt, even if everyone only uses the two pots per attempt that you're almost assured to burn through, that's 160 fire pots. Trying to supply that much in the way of mats will burn the steady contributors out. I would prefer it if the raid supply serves primarily as a supplement, providing pots to only a handful who were unable to pick up their own pots that week, and acting as a reserve in case of a wipe like the one we suffered this week. We'll be in a much better position to ensure Ragnaros gets clomped if I have 40 pots right at hand to pass out, to go along with the 15-30 that can generally be brewed from the materials individual raiders happen to carry in their packs.

Additionally, I'd like to add that we cannot support the idea of "the raid gives you potions to use" as we enter more instances and start more raids. When we were only MC, it was a strain, but doable, and folks like Scryll were sacrificing quite a bit of their own time and resources and allow us all to focus on the fights themselves and have more freedom otherwise (endless thanks to those who gave so much time and gold for this). Now, we have numerous raids during the week and it's too much to expect the few to supply the many with little support in return. Also, BWL will also have some specific needs and supplying potions or materials for two different raids at once is just too much to ask or expect from those who have given so much to get us to this point.

What can we all do to help? Two things: bring/buy potions or organise some "gathering days". We have had success in the past with getting people together on a day or two and farming together for materials, so it could make for some fun, profit, and help the raids collectively. The raid leaders have organised this in the past, but we can't do everything and would appreciate it if people interested in this would coordinate and organise it if it's something that we all feel can/should be done.

As far as dreamfoil goes, I'm an herbalist myself. I could take a couple hours maybe to go a-farmin.

By the by, what's the most common place for Dreamfoil? Usually I hit Un'goro because there's also Golden Sansam, Mountain Silversage, and leathers aplenty.