BWL tnight

Maube

Slight shift in tactics that I may as well get out there now...

Hunters: I'm altering your kiting paths a bit and have a few diagrams made up that I'll post shortly (need to upload them). Ultimately, I have two that I'd like to try that are very similar, so we'll try each of them twice and see how that works out. Given the kiting problems of last week, these alternate paths should help with getting some breathing room between our hunters and their dragonkin.

Mages: More crowd control, less DPS. Given that poly can be reapplied liberally, we need to focus more on keeping legionnaires sheeped/turtled/pigged first so that they can be picked up. Which brings me to...

Warriors: If you see a sheep, smack it...that is all :yahoo:

Priest: First an apology...some RL issues have kept me from working out the details of a healing rotation this past week (that, and the fact that most of you seem to be mythical on non-raid days). As such, you'll likely die a ton. Key thing in the first two phases, though, is NOT to watch the emergency monitor so much and be sparse with healing if possible. While I didn't express it properly last week, by "overhealing", I didn't mean that you personally healed more damage than they took...what I mean is that we have duplicate healing (and sometimes triplicate or more), which leads to spreading the aggro around a bit too much depending on whose "lands" first. I've also discussed a few points with Relikk about warrior kiting that should help keep most of the mobs off of you. At any rate, we can work through it tonight a bit and I'd really like to take next week, if possible, to work more on setting up the rotations (especially since we won't be running MC or BWL next week).

Shaman: There seemed to be some confusion last week, so I'll say what I'm looking for specifically from shaman: totems. Earthbind for the snare and anything else that you think may be helpful to your corner group to get those mages deadified quickly while slowing down the additional spawns. Spot healing of your corner group is ok, but be mindful of threat generation in relation to the "waiting to be kited" mobs. Baracko may have additional input, but earthbind is pretty much all that I'm personally concerned with from an overall tactics viewpoint.

Everyone: We need to do everything we can to keep our orb controllers from being hit during phase 2. The easier it is for them, the quicker the eggs get destroyed, and the faster we can get into the final phase of the fight. Also, keep enough proverbial "gas in the tank" for that final phase...if we're all spent or dead when the eggs are downed, Razorgore will make short work of us on his own...

In all, be positive...we've done exceptionally well for our first few attempts. Also, it does get easier after this (Vael's a walk in the park comparatively). Starting with the next run (not tonight's), we'll be doing Onyxia after BWL rather than before...we blew a good 30-45mins just getting reorganised and travelling last week and I'd like to cut that out completely.

Below are some kiting path changes to try (group positions are also noted). Please note that the drop-off point from the platform in the second image is about 1/3rd of the way across the platform. There's actually a somewhat-visible line on the platform itself that should help. If you go past that point, the mobs will continue pathing forward, but if you don't, they'll actually path back down the ramp they came up (which is what we want). Also, heading up to the platform, you can jump onto the ramp from an angle and force the dragonkin to path around the little obstacles and corner of the ramp. Both of these tactics really should help you get the space needed between you and the dragonkin. The corner groups will be focusing on keeping mages away from you so that you don't get dazed...we'll work on that this week as well.

Hunter Kiting Path #1

razorgore.jpg

Hunter Kiting Path #2

razorgore2.jpg

Sounds good Verissi, I'll be there but I'll be late. I will be returning from the hospital around 8:30 or so, my wife is in recovery after the early birth of our daughter.

I'll also be returning to MC raids so as to keep the Skullcrusher spirit going for as long as needed. I can step out of that raid for players that need something from a boss at any point, so no worries there.

See you all tonight!

Rel

Congratulations, Relikk!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

As for the shaman:

1. Make sure you have gear with you other than +healing...

2. Keep a close eye on those EB totems... Remember how good we do for a few minutes and then things quickly decay? I think one of the contributing factors to that is the EB totems running out of time and not being replaced quickly enough.

3. Conserve mana! We are going to play an integral role in healing the tanks on Razor, as the priests heal the most through phase 2.

Lets kick some ass!