AQ20 Targets for the future

Crikrunner

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It won't let me vote because I wanted to see how things were progressing. When I looked this morning the vote tally was 0 Ayamiss, 6 Moam, 1 Ossirian.

I'd like to vote Ossirian, it's a matter of consistent raid composition. To successfully do Moam, we need 3 Warlocks who will come every week until we have him on farm status, and then continue to come after that. We have one Warlock - Chemmy. Vrugz is on vacation, Katak is burned out. Where else are we gonna find competent Warlocks who know what they are doing as a Warlock and be willing to stay with the raid? Ossirian, on the other hand, is an easy fight - if we do what needs to be done. It's just going to be the raid learning to manage aggro, the tanks training him to the crystals, and DPSing when we can. Simple, right? I think Ossirian will be the better choice for our raid because of the similarities to the Buru fight that we have mastered already (Crystals = Eggs, Aggro Management, Furious DPS at the right moment, etc.).

In the mean time, regardless of what we choose for our next attempt, we need to get our Nature Resistance farmed up. Someone asked what the purpose of getting NR up is when there isn't really any call for it past RAQ, but I beg to differ. Naxx has a wing that is devoted almost entirely to attacks based on Nature. Princess Huhu (in AQ40) and Grand Widow Faerlina (in Naxx) are both big on Nature Based attacks. Based on recent dungeon releases (Naxx, AQ40, BWL to some extent), you can bet your sweet bippy that NR will be needed in some form or another for the Burning Crusade dungeons. I think a very attainable goal is 125 all the way around unbuffed for everyone is a good start. Leather Wearers can get 70 of that just by getting the Bramblewood Set.

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

Never even seen the Hunter, and Moam visits have been less than successful. Agree with Jero bout raid consistancy. Oss seems doable but getting our teamwork/positioning down, also stuff like this will help prepare us for the multiple wipes of BWL where positioning aggor management is key, and overaggroing even one person is gonna=wipe.

Thing bout Oss that gets me is the freaky aggro, people that havent even done anything are getting it, maybe the AI is borked. I dunno. But seems I pulled heal aggro pretty quickly.

I woudl think the tanks are the biggest problem, I dont see how they are gonna gain enough threat while kiting to not be overtaken by DPS(when we get to that point) or healing. Specially with him being untauntable.

Havent read up on the Hunter fight but never being there and seeing how hard it is personally gonna vote for that ;)

Edited by Oriahtundra

Thing bout Oss that gets me is the freaky aggro, people that havent even done anything are getting it, maybe the AI is borked. I dunno. But seems I pulled heal aggro pretty quickly.

I woudl think the tanks are the biggest problem, I dont see how they are gonna gain enough threat while kiting to not be overtaken by DPS(when we get to that point) or healing. Specially with him being untauntable.

Havent read up on the Hunter fight but never being there and seeing how hard it is personally gonna vote for that ;)

From my experience with Ayamiss, I think that our best preparation effort would be spent on Ossirian. The raid also does not yet have the NR needed for that encounter, in my opinion. Even with my whopping 87 unbuffed, I wasn't resisting much when we went and visited her.

Oriah is correct in his link between what will be needed for Razorgore and what we will need to do for Ossirian. Razorgore will require everyone doing many different things perfectly at the exact same time or it won't succeed; regardless of the strategy that the Skullcrushers choose to employ. There are at least two transitions that will need to occur during the Razorgore fight, and the people who will be going on to BWL with the Skullcrushers will have a far greater time learning the strategies needed to bring down Razorgore with a few Ossirian kills under our belt. I think that's why the level 60 Dungeon progression goes ZG -> MC -> RAQ (20) -> BWL -> AQ40 -> Naxx.

In my opinion, because of the speed in which several different things happen in the Ayamiss encounter, the Ossirian is the encounter that we can master more easily. Ossirian may be a technically difficult encounter for us to master, but it is only technically difficult because of the precision we need to do it with. Think of it, each boss we have had to master in RAQ has required more technical precision than the previous:

• Kurrinaxx: Rotate Tanks, watch out for bubbles, spam heal after the enrage.
  • General Rajaxx: 8 Waves, Assist train, off tank the ranked mob, assist the General, Heal the LT General.
  • Buru the Gorger: Break Eggs, Assist on Spawns, DPS to specific Health % and Pop a potion, DPS Buru to a specific % before the last egg, balls out DPS, Sequential Fear Bombs.
  • Ossirian: Find Crystals, Manage Aggro (easier said than done), Train him to specific Crystals, DPS like mad at the right time without overcoming the Tank Aggro.

Moam, in my opinoin, is the easiest boss in RAQ, we just need consistent Warlocks and more DPS during the 90 second stone form. Period. He dies next time we have the ability to make concerted attacks on him. I think we got him to 1% before wiping last time we made attempts.

As for the initial hate that warriors need to build with Ossirian, I think I have a solution for that too. When he is at the base of the steps, the tanks will pop Bloodrage AND a Mighty Rage Potion. This should put them between 70 and 90 Rage at the start of the fight. When they start rushing Ossirian, they should have Heroic Strike queued (next hit will be the first).

As they strafe away towards crystal #2, they can each offload a sunder. This should allow them to be healed at least one time, at crystal #2, the MT can spam sunders until it's time to move while tank #2 hits with 3-4 sunders and a couple heroic strikes. If my theorycraft is correct, this should place MT/OT at the top of his hate list so that when the rest of the raid begins white damage DPS, they remain at the top of the list.

Shaman should have a Tranq Totem down (Tanks don't need a grouped Shaman for this encounter due to our movement all over the area) and should use a lower ranked heal for the start of the fight. Druids and Priests should use lower ranked bulk heals or full strength Heal-Over-Time heals. Grouping healers near Shaman with Tranq Totems could help. Positioning groups with healers off to the left and right of the first crystal to start might help too - that way as the tanks strafe towards the second crystal (regardless of location) there are lower aggro generating heals waiting. For the record though, this is pure theorycraft.

Moan because hands down that is the next easiest boss in there, Aramis is not a very fun, an frankly ossirus is a bit outside of our reach.. Having tried to do him with both Majorly geared up BoTB raids, an WW raids I can say that has to be one of the hardest fights I have seen thus far (watch maube try bwl withstanding).. Moan is a very easy fight if you can get him/it locked down. An you really only need 2 warlocks to do it if you have a tank with good arcane resistance to hold the last one. In fact every time I have seen Moan taken down it was done without ever banishing the 3rd add. Aramis is not such a problem but its kinda like the domo fight you really have to control the worm adds, an keep the person being sac'd alive.. but once you get it down its not that bad..

Gordy's monday group downed Moam on their 4th try this week, really the only difference was the warloks keeping the adds banished better, they kept all 3 banished right at moam, but would start the rebanish casts before they poped loose, so they were never loose more than a half second. I will be having the warloks focus more on their banished target and less on mana draining during the stone form add phase, since this is what seems to be wiping us. Also we'll try the hunter pull the adds away then banish idea a few times.

Gordy's monday group downed Moam on their 4th try this week, really the only difference was the warloks keeping the adds banished better, they kept all 3 banished right at moam, but would start the rebanish casts before they poped loose, so they were never loose more than a half second. I will be having the warloks focus more on their banished target and less on mana draining during the stone form add phase, since this is what seems to be wiping us. Also we'll try the hunter pull the adds away then banish idea a few times.

AH-EFFING-MEN!