How to Fic CT and the rest of your addons

chemmy

Lastnight on the start of mc, i was talking to a GM about my missing hk's on that last av run of mine. He told me i need to reset my interface, it will fix the av bug and it will also fix your addons.

If your addons is messing up or not working right then you need to reset your interface because they are base on the patch 1.11 and not the 1.12 patch, and this is how you do it.

start/my computer/C:/program files/world of warcraft

after you open up the world of warfcraft folder, delete the WTF folder and delete the WDB folder, then move your interface folder out onto your desktop. Then start the game, log in, enter world, then when you get loaded in, log out and close the game out all the way so it's not running no more. Open up your wow folder again.

start/my computer/C:/program files/world of warcraft

Now there is a new interface face folder, a wtf and a wdb folder as well, open up your old interface folder click and drag all of your addons over to the new interface addons and make sure they go in the addons inside of the interface folder, after that your done. Start the game and set all of your addons back up the way yoiu had them before.

I did that lastnight after talking to a GM and everything was working 100% even the new CT raid was working at 100% on every boss fight.

Yeah i know i miss spell fix in the topic name as fic, tried to fix it but i don't know how.

Edited by chemmy

Just a word of warning and an FYI

If you would be terribly upset if you lost your macros or Auctioneer/Lootlink/Gatherer/Mobinfo data....Back up your WTF folder.

Any data that a mod stores over time, the channels that you've joined, window placement in your gui, etc. is written inside the World of Warcraft/WTF folder.

All Mods will recreate these files if they go missing, screens can be dragged back, and channels rejoined, but if you would be devastated if you lost something, back it up.

With a good backup, the worst case scenario is you redownload your mods, copy a few files from the backup and your good to go.

*This Public Service Announcement brought to you by Gamers for Less Hair Pulling on Patch Day and the Ad Council*

--Ghules

Edited by Ghules

Yes what Ghules said, back up your WTF folder if you don't want to lose nothing. I have to re-install my game and doing that now, i messed something up or if it's a save that is messing my chat up, like when someone whisper me and when i whisper them back it will switch on me to the last thing i was talking in, so i'm re-installing the game to see if it will fix it and on the uninstall part, i was missing 2 files and i think that was messing my chat up, but it will be fix, but yeah back up your WTF folder, i don't because it only takes me a few secs to redo my addons and i don't use auctioneer and fot loot link well it was messed up anyway so a good reinstall will fix it.