CT Raid and You.

Maube

Woah, wasn't expecting that kind of response from just a sig. *grins* Dabu!

Anycase, I mentioned how I made it in the thread Maube started. Overall it wasn't that hard to do.

Alright. Let me sum this up.

I know Fomor cannot run Ctraidassist. I have spoken with him about it. He has proved himself in the Core and in other instances. This was not a post singling out ANYONE. But rather to let people know why I request people have this installed. So let it rest with this poor guy, he is a Clanmate. Or I can start harping on shortcomings of others, not everyone can afford the uber system I run on. Or better yet, go pick on Gorrin. (and I still have problems and um... technically cant afford it either =p )

Some people dont know how this program helps a raid leader.

Remember everyone, these raids are not just about one person, but about 39 other folks as well. (or in last nights case with Luci... 29 :dancing_smile: )

Maube (and any others concerned), my post was not intended to be inflammatory or what not, just a statement of fact given the situation you laid out. I am a newb, never denied it... hell I was in MC before I was ever in DM or Strat, and have never been in BRS upper or lower. *shrug* I also did most of my levelling as shadow and really don't know if I am good, bad or craptastic as a healer because I have no one to compare to. Now when I say that if I am not pulling my weight on account of not running a program and I will bow out if that is the case, I mean it. Not a big deal, if the group is better served by having everyone soing the same deal and I am hindering that, than by all means get someone else. Trust me my feelings will not be hurt. All I ask is honesty as to my abilities/value to a raid... if I ain't cuttin' it, cut me and find someone who does. That's all.

A few other things, I am not an idiot, when I say my 6 year old home built comp can't handle something, please don't tell me I am wrong, unless you wish to provide me with a new rig. I always try before I decide. Also, while I appreciate and accept everyone's opinion on what is needed/useful/required/helpful/kick-ass as far as mods go, I know the limits of my comp and what I have been able to do without them, please don't preach and please don't try to "correct" me or denigrate my stance on the matter because I disagree with your dogma. Thanks.

From my experiences with you and healing, you kick-ass! Defintely no complaints there.

Now for your computer...if I could donate to build you a new one I would glady! >:L

We should take up a get Fomor a new computer and Raeda broadband fund(s). :dancing_smile:

Heheh, not meaning to offend anyone myself :dancing_smile: I'm just honestly curious, is all. Havn't had the pleasure of raiding with ya Fomor, but from everything I've heard, yer kicking butts...erm...if it's healing...and you kiss a boo-boo better...does that mean your kissing butts in MC? >:L

<flees>

mmmmm...pie

mmmmm...bone kisses

er...ahem

Just wanted to point out that if you're a person who believes the user should play the game instead of the mod, that for the most part you can install CTRA and run CTRA, but turn off most of the interface stuff so that you aren't really using CTRA (but the Raid Leader gets the benefits).

Personally I like a lot of mods, but not the ones that play the game for me. I want a mod that makes the BS interface stuff better, but doesn't change the game play. I was worried about CTRA, but found that I can turn off the stuff that I don't agree with. It's never been a problem.

A few other things, I am not an idiot, when I say my 6 year old home built comp can't handle something, please don't tell me I am wrong, unless you wish to provide me with a new rig. I always try before I decide. Also, while I appreciate and accept everyone's opinion on what is needed/useful/required/helpful/kick-ass as far as mods go, I know the limits of my comp and what I have been able to do without them, please don't preach and please don't try to "correct" me or denigrate my stance on the matter because I disagree with your dogma. Thanks.

Well, I can hardly believe that using a well configured CT_Ra (as waldonnis said) would slow down a machine that, even being 6 year old, can handle 40 people instances like MC/Onyxia and graphic intensive encounters like Geddon.

just my 2 cents

Greenbull. You do not play a Decursive class.

dont you remember when we were on Gehennas not too long ago adn I kept crashing out?

That was because I needed to get rid of many settings due to the fact that CTraid is intense for decursive classes. No one knows his system like Fomor, so just accept that please.

Enough with the targetting, I was simply stating the reasons why Raid lEaders really want people for people to get it.