My I'm bored at work poll

Chrysalia

My I'm bored at work poll  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So im sitting here at work jammin out to Kill 'em All, and decided to make a poll of the best Metallica song of all time. Although ...And justice for All and beyond is good stuff too, anything post Cliff Burton pales in comparison and cannot qualify for best ever.

Vote...

Discuss...

Flame On!

Edit: Whiplash!

Edited by Chrysalia

Voted: For whom the bell tolls

Ten years ago I would have said Metallica are a good heavy metal band but they became softer and softer and even considering their 'wannabe' with orchestra... there are many, many bands that do it much better.

They went over the hill ten years ago and cannot start to climb the mountains of musical prodigy made by others.

(That is why the first Metallica albums are much better)

Edited by icuburn

Well unfortunatley, I am old enough to have bough Kill 'Em All on record, yes I said it record, when it came out in the early 80's. So I remember exactly when they went 'over the hill' <cough>Jason Newstead</cough>. I think it will always be my favorite, nice and gritty, the levels are all off, it sounds like they recorded it in a garbage can. Pure long hair, sweaty, stinking of beer and whiskey, angst filled, genious.

Now that I'm older, I like the 'new stuff', anything from ...And justice for all, and on. There are some good bands cranking out the tasty licks out there now, but bands like Motorhead and Metallica are all of their granddaddies.

It's been waaay too long since I payed attention to Metallica's music, or really spent time listening to them, so i couldn't vote.

But work boredom I'm all over that stuff. and soon, I'll be gaves guy, so it's just gonna get worse.

Master of Puppets was when, IMO, Metallica was at their thrashing best. They mellowed and produced the black album, which was the most "together" album, but Master of Puppets will always hold a special place in muy heart