Quick priest question

Qiris

When Tainish and I duo, I keep him shielded pretty much all the time. And I've seen shield used in raids (and benefited from them myself, much <3 to priests) -- but I don't see them used much in a normal group. So what's the deal with that? What am I missing?

Tutor meh!

Well, speaking as a warrior, unless I am about to die and you don't have time to fire off a large heal, don't sheild me. If I'm sheilded, I don't get hit. I don't get hit, I don't get rage. I don't get rage, I can't piss of the mob. I can't piss off the mob, it gets mad at you.

Though I expect shielding squishies could be useful.

PWs isnt used that often in big raids =) Unless you are bubbling a Bomb victim or the squishy. Bubbling tanks are usually bad for the same reason Cwn pointed out =)

*shifts to bear form* Only you can prevent forest fires...oops!

Same goes with feral druids in bear form. Shields prevent rage generation and I only really like to see one in one of three circumstances: a) I'm about to die, b) I'm about to go into a fight where the initial hits are going to be big and the healers need time to get into range, and c) I'm about to die :( Seriously, though, I generally leave it up to the priests to determine...if I have a decent amount of rage, I don't mind seeing a shield, but it's very hard to get control of a mob if I'm shielded too early (then I have to rely on lucky crits and hope my taunts don't get resisted until I gain some rage).

As for squishies...yep, shield away! Those priest shields are so much better than ice barrier and also saves Toba some flash powder :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

i consider my shield an instant cast ~900 heal. Usually takes the bite out of one or two hits from an mc mob. I only use it to give a little extra time for all those heals to come through when a tank is goin down. Otherwise it is a bit taxing on mana for a 40 man. In a 5/10 man though it performs a completely different function.