Video Card Weirdness

greenbull

So. I got some new pieces for my machine and upgraded it a bit. Processor is now a Intel P4 3Ghz, on an ASUS P5GPL-X motherboard and topping all that is a Powercolor ATi X800GTO-16 video card.

Installed a new XP, latest drivers and stuff and now I'm hitting the most strange of the problems, after some minutes playing WoW it starts to resync my monitor, like when you apply some of the options. So, I'm running thru barrens and the screen goes all black, I hear the characteristic "cleck" and it comes back. Sometimes, it resyncs the screen like 4 consecutive times (what scares the hell of me).

Anyone has ever saw this problem or read or heard something like?

I discovered that playing in Windowed mode/Maximized prevents it from happening.

[]s

I had video card problems... until I realized my card fan was completely clogged with dust. Fixed that, and all set! if it is a new card however... I havent the foggiest

I have the same thing happening too green, once in a while the whole screen goes black for less than a second, almost unnoticable but there. Im using an AMD Sempron 64 3100+ Palermo 1600MHz HT 256KB L2 Cache Socket 754, and an Nvidia 6000 something series (forget the GPU atm). But I dont get the telltale monitor clunk like when youre changing modes.

I have the same thing happening too green, once in a while the whole screen goes black for less than a second, almost unnoticable but there. Im using an AMD Sempron 64 3100+ Palermo 1600MHz HT 256KB L2 Cache Socket 754, and an Nvidia 6000 something series (forget the GPU atm). But I dont get the telltale monitor clunk like when youre changing modes.

Well, the problem is, o'course, you using Nvidia :)

Religious fights apart, I've been able to fix the problem. I installed an old driver from ATi and set the voltage on the PCI-X to a little bit higher than the default (I can change the voltage from the bios setup). I don't know exactly wich one fixed the stuff, but it's fixed. :yub:

Hah! If you had an nVidia card you wouldn't have had that problem.

Oh, wait...you might have :bunny:

:thumbsup:

I just had to pick on you Green. :tease:

I had my share of problems, and thought it was my nVidia card. Turned out to be power supply and CPU overheating in my case.