Mysignup Problems

Maube

Alright folks. someone is tampering with the MC signup. Not cool.

If you were deleted from the signup unwillingly, lemme know. I have the emails from the first people to sign up so I know who signed up first.

Posting this on both our forums... please lemme know if you were deleted. I tried to fill in the spots as I remembered them, but it is 2am.

I said this in the other thread, but my vote is call it off. If people are going to spit on us when were making up a good majority of the raid, and putting forth the effort to organize it, screw em. Post in public forums that it is off for this week and why, and we find a more secure avenue for signups.

I said this in the other thread, but my vote is call it off. If people are going to spit on us when were making up a good majority of the raid, and putting forth the effort to organize it, screw em. Post in public forums that it is off for this week and why, and we find a more secure avenue for signups.

I don't see what making up a majority of the raid has to do with anything. There's no evidence one way or another who did it, so you'd be making the assumption that it wasn't a guild member and unless it was some random people wreaking havoc for no particular reason, that would perhaps insinuate that it was a non Skullcrusher doing it for their own benefit and some guilds may take offense at that attitude.

Anyway, my suggestion is for everyone to use improved undo passwords. I've seen many of the ones people use before and some of them are silly like the name of the character or 123 and things like that. I know at least one of the ones removed wasn't that simple, but I also know at least one of them was (I asked my guild about it before I pointed the issue out to Maube last night) It may not have been the issue (always other possibilities like data corruption, etc), but it's a good policy to follow.

Anyway, my suggestion is for everyone to use improved undo passwords. I've seen many of the ones people use before and some of them are silly like the name of the character or 123 and things like that. I know at least one of the ones removed wasn't that simple, but I also know at least one of them was (I asked my guild about it before I pointed the issue out to Maube last night) It may not have been the issue (always other possibilities like data corruption, etc), but it's a good policy to follow.

Honestly, while using stronger passwords is encouraged, fact is that this isn't a secure sign-up and cannot be relied upon at this point, no matter how complex your password choice is/was. What's done is done here already, so pointing fingers or trying to explain it really doesn't do anything to fix the issue.

While I don't really like the idea, I agree with Chrys...I think we should consider cancelling the raid tonight...not to "send a message" or anything (could've been someone that doesn't even go on our raid), but more to keep attendance and DKP in-line with how sign-ups have been working so far. Last thing anyone needs is more drama because someone who signed up early got bumped by someone who arrived at MC earlier than they did.

It's Maube's call, though...

While this is a point of controversy, I feel the raid SHOULD go on. Who is to say that the individual that messed with the sign up wants this to fall apart? This would be a good step towards that if that is their goal.

We should show unity in this and move forward with the raid and our partnerships.

If it comes down to a contention for a Shaman spot I will step aside for someone else. I was on the list as a main, but I am willing for the betterment of the raid and our relationships to give my spot up tonight for someone else.

People dont realize... I get emails when someone signs up.

Those emails will be getting their invites first.

Being that we had a MC reset, it would be a shame not to take advantage of this to get more people geared up.

Alrighty. This raid will go on.

Warriors that were signed up before tampering in order:

Greenbull

Alhazad

Korgall

Gromit

Taurrior

Gorrin

Timtimawni

Priest:

Narsica

Marrania

Betelguece

Kalrash and Benim as Alternate

Shaman:

Huato

Uglutz

Depaa

Thundertotem

Hubba

Mesukyi

Brainah

Dugand as an alternate under Druid

Druid:

Harne

Albinion

(Morgh did you ever sign up?)

Warlock:

Katakorintha

Chemmy

Tainish

Ghonne

Volonazra as Alternate

Hunter:

Vanidi

Gordantell

Dreguuz

Mogbertha

Tazzaka

Mage:

Maube

Verissi

Xiris

Chrysalia

Arathienne

Supherius

Rogue:

Vuel

Grawuulf

Yeah I did'nt think about it that way. I would hope that someone would'nt want to break up our raid. I thought more along the lines of someone moving themselves up on the list.

Call it a knee-jerk reaction on my part. But it was first thing in the morning when I saw that, and my immediate response was anger. (My wife calls it my default emotion). I'll be there with bells on, when do you guys meet up at BRD to start clearing to the portal?

If you are attuned, you don't have to even enter BRD :rolleyes:

All you have to do is click the big crystal beside the blood elf that gave you the attunement quest...and you're in the Core.

Edited by Huato