*Anxiously is waiting the priest talent changes*

Narsica

This makes me a sad forsaken :tease:

I lose what spirit of redemption was(neat change but not what I like from it- i liked dying, insta healing my party by 800ish with a 800 point dot over 15 secs, then being combat rezzed right after to continue my healing) and now it's just....meh.

The new power word shield doesn't decrease the time of the weakened soul debuff; rather, it increases the amount absorbed. I liked being able to shield/renew and move on to heal someone else. It was more mana efficient that way. Plus these new talents are spaced weirdly, and the 31 point holy talent, Lightwell- just makes me go wtf? :rolleyes: You spend 3 seconds casting it, it has 5 charges( so max of your group can use it lets say), you restore 800 health over 10 seconds(which is what the old spirit of redemption did for you but also healed you by 800 instantly), AND you have to sit there and channel it, similar to using a bandage(begs the question- why not just use a bandage?).

Overall, saddened by the holy tree, confused by the disc tree, and still at a loss as to why they buffed the shadow tree even more.

Ok currently thinking of two builds- you other priests let me know what you think =p

Priest Talents

Minimum Required Level: 60

Required Talent Points: 51

Discipline Talents - 20 point(s)

Unbreakable Will - rank 5/5

Improved Power Word: Fortitude - rank 2/2

Improved Power Word: Shield - rank 3/3

Martyrdom - rank 2/2

Inner Focus - rank 1/1

Meditation - rank 3/3

Mental Agility - rank 4/5

Holy Talents - 31 point(s)

Healing Focus - rank 2/2

Improved Renew - rank 3/3

Holy Specialization - rank 5/5

Holy Nova - rank 1/1

Blessed Recovery - rank 3/3

Inspiration - rank 3/3

Improved Healing - rank 3/3

Spirit of Redemption - rank 1/1

Spiritual Guidance - rank 4/5

Spiritual Healing - rank 5/5

Lightwell - rank 1/1

Or this spec

Priest Talents

Minimum Required Level: 60

Required Talent Points: 51

Discipline Talents - 30 point(s)

Unbreakable Will - rank 5/5

Silent Resolve - rank 5/5

Improved Power Word: Fortitude - rank 2/2

Improved Power Word: Shield - rank 3/3

Inner Focus - rank 1/1

Meditation - rank 3/3

Mental Agility - rank 5/5

Mental Strength - rank 5/5

Divine Spirit - rank 1/1

Holy Talents - 21 point(s)

Healing Focus - rank 2/2

Improved Renew - rank 3/3

Holy Specialization - rank 5/5

Holy Nova - rank 1/1

Blessed Recovery - rank 3/3

Inspiration - rank 3/3

Improved Healing - rank 3/3

Spirit of Redemption - rank 1/1

Those look like decent builds- I am still playing with Builder. I really do not think I will go to Lightwell-just does not seem worth the effort. Oh well, I keep swaying on my exact build. Right now looks like 21 Disc-30 Holy.

i think i goin to get ,

5/5 spiritual guidance

1/1 divine spirit

5/5 spirit tap

>:0

and you are asking ... !?!? you got another character?!!

yes , me and my finace's duo...Houli the Priest ;) and her, Aviah the Warrior!

we are currently lvl 13 and rise'n!

( we will join the guild soon i think, when she is less embarrased...she has a newbie selfconsiousness ;) its cute ;)

Some comments -

1) re: Lightwell. This is a talent that seems to be designed with the raiding priest in mind. For especially long (20-30 min) encounters, there are bandage areas that people have to run to and heal themselves (because mana is an issue and you cant stop healing the tank)

Lightwells will REALLY help this situation, as we can all run to the lightwell instead of using a bandage, saving us money and cooldown time.

2) Spirit of redemption. This talent has wide and varied applications for the pve and pvp priest.

In pve, it gives you the ability to cast mana free heals. You could get a few greater heals and a flash heal in, or just spam the new holy nova or prayer of healing for great effect.

The fact that this talent exists is also going to really help your survivability in pvp for the same reason eye for an eye helped pallies - theres no way to tell if any given priest has this talent or not. If you gun for and wax a priest who has this talent, he/she gets to heal the party for free for 10 seconds. Thats 10 seconds of unstoppable warrior, or 10 seconds of unkillable shaman etc. It makes you stop and think before you pour resources into the wax.

The discipline changes allow for many of the desireable threat and other raiding talents to be down the tree farther, putting them in reach for a holy priest to heal a lot. This is another great change, as it allows you to get a really solid healer while still having the efficiancy and threat reduction you need.

The PWS change you are mentioning is actually doubly good - I believe that the weakend soul effect is now generically 15 seconds, rather than having to spec for it. The spec now just makes your pws better than ever.

Holy nova's no cooldown will make this a great pvp spell, as well as a good pve spell when you need to help finish off a mob andd mana is not a concern. The talent which allows you to regen critical strikes will help the pvp priest survive those 2k aimed shots.

All in all, its one of the more exciting talent reviews weve seen to date >:L Priests are top of the food chain healers, where they ought to be. No druid will ever be able to replace a healing priest again for a raid, and the effeciancy and amazingness of the heals a priest will throw out will be without peer :dancing_smile: