Chrysalia's coming of age.

Chrysalia

((Well lets hope this fits in one post.))

"Wha mus ya go dah?"

She asked, knowing full well the answer she was to recieve. She had dreaded this day from the very moment she had overheard her mother and father speaking with the elders in Sen'Jin.

Since that time she had enjoyed the lessons her father had taught her about the shamanistic ways of her people, although they both knew her skills lied in the arcane and the elements, father insisted she learn the roots of the family before he would allow her to study on her own.

"Yah mus firs know dat all powahs comes from Mishra, da Forger. Once yah realize dis yah be on tha right path ta be learnin whatava ya be wantin"

She took this knowledge to heart, she thought what her father meant was, that all things come from nature, be it fire, water, air, and even the other magikcs her mother had been teaching her.

"So what ya be sayin is dat all tings, magicks an elements alike, get dey roots from Nature?" She asked.

"Dat be it!" He exclaimed "I tink ya be ready to go off into tha Valley and begin yer trainin, on yer own"

That was just over 6 full moons ago, goodness could it have been that long? She thought hard, yes it really had been 6 full cycles of the moon. She had become quite adept in the arts of the arcane and the elements, and had become known among the ranks of Thrall himself, risking life and limb delving into catacombs in search of the Burning Blade members who would seek to overthrow him.

"CHRYS" Her thoughts were broght back to the present rather suddenly, as father started her from her daydream.

"Do yah want tha ansa to yer question? Or ar yah going to waste our last moments together day dreamin?"

"Sorry dah, I was jus thinkin about..."

He cut her off, "Nevermin dat, our time is short, yer motha and ah mus be in Orgrimmah befor tha sun rises, an tha moon she rounds tha bend to morn as we speak"

He looked at his daughter sternly, but with every ounce of love in his heart for her.

"Thrall has done much for us mah dear, we took tha oath to do what we could when he called upon us, de time has come for us to fulfill dat oath. Yah has learned much since ah sent yah off to tha valley for yar trainin, and have become a powaful being mah dear, yah make me and mum proud."

She began to whimper a bit.

He attempted to comfort her, "Now ahll have none a dat, dis is not goodbye, you and ah shall met once more mah young one"

"Let me come wit yous!" She yelled "Ah HAVE become powaful, <hic> ah could help yah..." her sentence broken off into a sob.

"Ah need ya ta stay here and watch ovah yah sistah, she not be strong enough tah survive an her own" He told her, "Ma and ah will return, ah promisa ya dat, be it in tha body, or in tha spirit, we always be wit you mah young one. I want ya to take care of Blutiger (pronounced blootishey), she is tha last of tha Dar'klaef rogues, ah need ya to keep an eye out fo her, ya understand meh? Don be followin Ma and me when we ride."

She looked at the ground, how did he know? All this time she had been planning on following them the moment they rode out of sight towards Orgrimmar.

"BUT DAH" She screamed "How can ah do it without ya? Where will ah get money an food an water?" This was a desparate plea, she knew full well money was no object, she had cached away a goodly sum of coin selling the skins from her hunting, and she could summon food and water from thin air using her newly found powers of the arcane.

He smiled at her, "Don gimme dat dearie, ah knows ya been selling skins in tha auction house, and ah also knows ya can make food an water witch'a bare hands, didja tink yer da was a blind fool? I been watchin yah all dis time, trainin and huntin, ah even followed yah down into Ragefire Chasm, didnt yah notice tha spirit wolf just off in tha distance?"

"No da" she replied, "Ah don tink yer a fool, ah knew yah was wit me, ah didnt have ta see ya ah could feel yah was there".

"Ah but ah wasnt always there in person, tha spirit wolf can move when tha body does not, don ya be worryin dearie ah wont evah be dat far away from yah.

"Now ah mus be goin, ya ma couldnt bear ta say goodbye to ya, she gave me dis letter for ya." He handed her a sizeable package more like a book than a letter.

"Dat be yer mah's personal spellbook, she want ya to have it, jus in case, she lef ya letter inside it."

She began to protest, but he shook his head at her. "Ah won have it, de time for yah to listen has come, please don make dis harder den it already is."

Next he handed her a large coin purse. "Ah know ya has become independen enough dat ya don need hanouts but yah'll have more use for dis dan I will. Yah dont has ta spend it, but ah wants ya to have it, jus in case."

He began to fiddle with a large gold hoop earring in his ear. The earring was a master piece, two serpents interwoven together, their wings opened into the center of the circle to resemble a leaf of some sort, their eyes were rubies as red as blood, and where their heads came togeher was a brilliant white diamond held in place by their opposing opened mouths, the clasp being at the base of their tails so the Diamond hung at the bottom when worn.

Her eyes grew large, "Your earring da? I couldnt"

He put his hand out to stop her. "Dis, mah dear" he began in a hushed tone, "Dis is our family seal, tha seal of tha Dar'klaef's, our ancestors from the Vale were known fer growin THA BEST smokes used in ar clans' rituals, dats why tha wings of tha serpents looks like dey do. Ah want yah to wear this, and remember where we came from, and who we ar. We owe our lives to Thrall, but when ah leave dis place tonight ar families debt is paid, it is up ta yah tah keep our heritage strong mah eldest daughter, do not forget who you ahr."

"Ah won forget dah, ah promise." She replied in awe. Her whole life she had wondered about her fathers wonderful earring, but whenever she asked about it he would tell her, "Dat story is fer another time mah dear". She never fathomed it was the family seal, nor did she ever expect that she would one day wear it.

"Kneel befor meh daughter, tha seal must be placed in a fresh wound, as is tha custom of our people."

She kneeled before her father, eyes closed, teeth clenched in anticipation of the pain. Her father drew his tribal dagger and placed the tip in the fire next to him. He began to chant in a tounge she had not heard since her childhood, she could feel the fire becoming stronger, the wind whipped sparks into the air as her father chanted louder, the air around them began to feel alive and she could taste something in her mouth, was that metal? Her father began to raise the red hot dagger into the air when suddenly the loudest clap of thunder she had ever heard ensued and although her eyes were closed she could see white light as a bolt of lightning struck the dagger her father was holding. The sound and light forced her to open her eyes and look. The dagger glowed with a white light like nothing she had ever seen.

"Rise mah child, and become and adult." She stood before him, and their eyes met, never had she seen her father exude such power. He genlty took her right ear in his hand, and slid the white hot blade into the flesh, yet there was no pain. Her mind was filled with visions of things she could not have possibly seen...

jungles lush with vegetaion <snap>

strange pink and purple skinned creatures slaughtering Trolls <snap>

Trolls fleeing as the sky seemed to rain fire down upon them <snap>

and suddenly they were gone, the fire had gone down, the wind subsided, and the earring was hanging from her ear.

"Now ah must go mah darling daughter" He kissed her gently on the cheek.

"Ah love yah dah" she said, still somewhat awestruck.

"An ah you" He said, choking back a sob. "Our paths must now go separate ways, but ah know we will be together again. Yah has already made me a proud fatha mah dear, ah am honored to be yer dah."

With that he mounted and rode to where Chrysalia's mother was waiting, they both waved to her, and then they were gone, over the rise towards Razor Hill.

That was the last time she saw them, her parents. But every now and then she swears she hears the howling of an unseen wolf, or sees a pair of eyes flit off into the trees behind her, and she feels happy. She has not seen their spirits in her meditations, so she knows they still survive, but where, she knows not.

Edited by Chrysalia

::claps:: Woogah! Ah wunderfal tale yah weave Chrys... Ah ope tah hear mur... an help yah find yer parents ub curse!

((Now to get Tazzy and Vanidi's story done... been putting it off too long =p ))

::claps::  Woogah!  Ah wunderfal tale yah weave Chrys... Ah ope tah hear mur... an help yah find yer parents ub curse!

((Now to get Tazzy and Vanidi's story done... been putting it off too long =p ))

((Thanks Maube, honestly I have had the backstory partially formulated for a little while, but the story just flowed out of me this morning, so I ran with it. You dont know it yet but Chrys knows where they went, but that is a story for another day.))

http://trollpact.4.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=307&st=15

has a bit of her family history, and alludes to why her parents left, from an OOC perspective I left myself open for 2 more alternate characters to complete the family. Or to go on a grand quest to find them. I want to learn more about the time we are in in relation to the destruction of the dark portal and stuff like that before i continue with that storyline.))

Edited by Chrysalia

Ol' Volonazra watches from above in his tower at the center Base Camp. He takes time this day to view the training and work the peons are doing. He notices one troll in particular he knows nothing of this new whelp.

"Grimlos! Whu dat olog dere?"he asks. The imp replies:"She is Chrysalia. A new mage in training master. Bright and spirited."

Peering through his scope at her Volonazra says: "She iz Dar'klaef? Hmm she seek sheltah wid uz eh. Dat kan unly mean..." He stops looking at the troll and begins pondering the situation.

As Chrysalia goes about her training she notices a forimidable figure high above the camp, pointing in her direction.

She shields her eyes from the sun and squints attempting to make out the figure.

Could he look familiar?

"Bah it is too hard to tell, Dey all look alike to me." She mutters to herself.

She thinks, could it be him? The Warchief she has been looking for?

"No sense in worryin' bout it now." She says to the sky, and goes back to her training.

Edited by Chrysalia