Ok time to talk

Wolf

We've left the committe post up to secure volunteers so here's what we have.

Committe members for the formation and structure of the guild that will enter into Shadowbane:

Greg, Balandar, Martok, Araton, Lan and Wolf.

We'll be responsible for developing our guild name, charter, background lore, structure (noble house, military etc..), and website adjustments.  Basically to create the direction that our new guild will take upon release.

I think that we can all get together in MIRC at some time in the near future to get some of the core decisions made so that we can breakdown the smaller tasks. We want to be all done prior to release so we can start ramping up the hype when we get closer.

I don't mind acting as a co-ordinator for this group, so send me a PM with some dates and times and we'll set something up when we can all attend.

I believe the first thing should be....What type of guild will we be?  The type of guild we will be will determine the type of name we will go by.  I know we were talking of either the Military Legion or the Noble House type of guild.  I am favoring the noble house type of guild (Would like to one day be able to have an Emperor again).

What are your thoughts?

I agree on the noble's house idea. The fact that it favors all humans allows the greatest amount of class diversity. This is clearly the best guild with which to rule an empire; as we can have other guilds which will favor elves and other races only swear, to it.

-Araton

Yes, my thoughts exactly.  My main character will be a human.  We can easily get other guilds to swear fealty to us, for example:  a military legion.  

From what I have seen, the guilds that are noble houses are going with a name like Dune.  House Artrades for example.  

If we are going with a noble house, we should start deciding on a name for the house, and all of us pick that as our last names; thus being the royalty of our "House" (empire).

I agree.  Whatever name we pick needs to be very rememberable.

Borg is great at thinking up that kind of stuff.  Maybe we'll pick his brain for something.

:smash:

I think the name should be the first thing we decide on. That way we can start getting it out there and spreading the good word.  :smash: It will also sort of define the guild and simplify the task of deciding on the rest of the details.

-Araton

You can be of any race in any guild.  There is a guild bonus if you are a race that supports that house.  For example, a dwarf in a noble house would receive no guild bonus ( not sure what the bonus is yet, but it might be a stat bonus).  

As far as I know, the Aracoix is an unplayable class, but I could be wrong.  I'll have to check the site.

Here is the word for word description of the Noble House guild type from the Shadowbane site.  Maybe this will help us think of a good name:

Noble House

While the High Kingdom and the Ten Kingdoms that came before it have all been swept away by the winds of war and disaster, there are still some among the Sons of Men who claim greatness based on the blood of ancient kings. Many of the ancient Noble Houses of the Sons of Men died out in the strife that followed the Turning, but some still endure, calling upon ancient loyalties and using ancient fortunes to wage war against their enemies and try to regain Cambruin's throne. Most Noble Houses have an elite family or bloodline at their core, but in recent years coalitions of successful merchants have forced themselves into the ranks of the nobility. Every house recruits a host of retainers, loyal for life, who serve as advisors, masters of arms, scribes, or court wizards. A precarious web of kinship, alliances, feuds, and rivalries exist between the Noble Houses, and conflict can erupt among them without any warning.

Preferred Race:  Humans

Guild Hall:  Keep

Guild Ranks:  

Serf

Vassal

Scion

Exultant

Lord / Lady

Baron / Baroness

Count / Countess

Duke1 / Duchess1

King2 / Queen2

Emperor2 / Empress2

Also, have we decided on the type of government we will have?  I would say either Republic or Oligarchy.  We need to make sure we have the ability to hold on to the Imperial holdings (houses, money, etc...)  I worry that if we have a republic, a possible "shady" member could get into power and run off with the Imperial treasury so to speak.......

I was just looking into what type of character I would play that would help the guild out most but I don't know what anyone else is making for a main character.....does anyone know yet?  I was thinking of an elvish channeler focused on earth magic

I will be playing a human as my main character.  Not sure what class or disciplines yet.  If I go with a warrior template, I will go as Damar, or if I decide on a more mystic template, it will be Martok.

And heck no!  I could not be an Elf! Humans and Elves do NOT get along in the world of Shadowbane!!  The only guild where humans and elves mingle is in the wizards conclave, and that is only based upon their ability to learn each other's magic.

I will also be playing a human as a main character and I believe the guild bonuses for favored classes/races are exp bonuses. The thing is, It will kinda suck to be in a guild that does not give you a bonus because most everyone else will be getting one. For this reason, the best way to accommodate those players who want to play other races is to have other, race specific, guilds, swear to the main, human guild.

-Araton

We should start out in the Noble house. Everyone. The Elves, Dwarves, Humans, etc. If we try to space everything out in the beginning with only 20 some dedicated people that will be playing it, we will have like 10 different guild halls. Wait until we get around 70+ members before we start thinking about multiple houses.

My main will be Balandar of course. Human Wizard Animator/Summoner/Traveller.

My second will be an Elven Ranger Blade Weaver/Huntsman/Archer

My third will be a Dwarven Warrior Forge Master/Giant-Killer

Hopefully I'll have the new profile script done before the game is released. I am trying to make it flexible enough so that I can incorporate the EQ one's main ideas into it. I want it to work for every game but still have tons of options for each one. IE GM administration for their game/guilds, etc.

Well Tok,

The reason I was pondering an elf was due to the fact of there great dexterity and getting intelligence to 120.  A human can only have 100 tops in each category.  If you have a stat greater than 100, i'm wondering what extra bonuses you will receive?  Of course I don't mind playing a human, I just want to SPANK everyone outside our guild when we war:)

I agree with Balandar, all of our characters need to be a part of the main guild body at least at the start up.  As we grow, we can branch outwards and create new sub guilds.

Ok....here is my main character (subject to change a dozen or more times before release):

(insert character name here)- Wizard traveller/summoner/(third left for undiscoverd discipline)

It would probably be a good idea to just try and get everyone to start a human character first. That way, we can get the main guild up and running quickly. Then, we can possibly set up sub-guilds later, though the first thing we need to do is get our hands on a tree of life  :D

-Araton

Ahh the great sound and smell of minds creating a new wonder for the online world.....

I wish to conver a couple things I have read in posts.

A) Locking up guild treasury/structures is not a worry....that is what I do with OPS accounts.  Do not worry about that...it has been 2 yrs since we lost something in a game large scale.

THAT IS MY NUMBER ONE CONCERN FOR ALL games this website supports!

B) Characters I will be shooting for....couple are obvious

Borg.........melee type

Colin Mor...sage type

Galam.......magical type

Hamish......rogue type

C) Namsake of guild ....I need to know this...

If Nobel house format......

A) commonbloodline for core of guild

or B) common thread factor of likeminds

or C)common thread of supporting a fact......

EXAMPLES in history of the above are...

A) Campbell Clan, House of Atraidees, Camelot...something with commonlastname

B) The Crusaders, Shadowclan, The Syndicate...

C) Purple Guardians of Honor. Vallhala Vanguard, Keepers of Justice...

I sense you are leaning toward A type....I would be honored to help in the "history", "background story fiction"...and then the best namesake could be crafted.  

Yes that is what I love about these online games and yes you are right I do enjoy comming up with such Martok...:)

Archived