Character N ames

Wolf

Just some info for those migrating eventually to SB.  Character names are unique to servers.  First names must be different, last names can be the same:

4.05  Are Names Unique?

Yes, character first names are unique on a server-by-server basis.  Characters who travel from one world to another will have their "home world" name attached, in order to allow other players to recognize them.  (For example, if Catherine the Great were to leave the World of Viriang and journey to the World of Dalgoth, her name would be displayed as Catherine from Viriang.)  This also allows players to easily recognize "foreigners" from other Worlds.  

Last names in Shadowbane are not unique: players can create entire clans of the same last name if they wish.

4.06  How do I create a Name?

The first thing you will do when creating a Shadowbane character is choose a name. Shadowbane characters, like the players that run them, have both a first and a last name. If you like, you can opt for an epithet (a term used to characterize a person or thing, such as Catherine the Great or Lief the Lucky) instead of a last name.  As stated above, first names are unique to each world fragment (or server.)  Last names are not.

A character's first name can be no longer than 15 characters, and can contain approved special characters (such as ' or -) but it cannot contain any blank spaces.  Your last name (or epithet) also can be no longer than 15 characters, but here both approved special characters and blank spaces are allowed.  Both first and last names are filtered for profanity, and inappropriate names will not be allowed.

Better get the creative juices flowing for your names

:D

• 2 weeks later...

That would be a great idea!!  Especially if we do go with the Noble House style guild.  We could at least have all the members of the inner circle have the same last name, for they are the ruling body of the house.

What kind of names can you all think of? (besides Con Wec)  :cool:

That is for everyone to decide as we move into Shadowbane.  I would hope that all those currently enrolled in the guild that move over to Shadowbane would get some sort of "counsel" type position in SB, no matter what their current rank is in UO.

Those that move over into SB from UO we already know, we trust, and consider family.  From what I see, the noble house fits us the best in that regards, especially if the ruling "nobles" had the same last name to further signify that.  This way, all other people of the realm, and all other guilds will know we are undividable.

Warrior caste?  hmmm.  We haven't really talked about how that will play out.  Will the warriors (Legion) be under the main body of PGoH? Or will we find a military legion guild to pledge under us?  So many questions, so little time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CITY BUILDING!?????????????????? OMG you've gotta be kidding me!! This is awesome! Its a complete mircocosm! I can't wait till this game comes out. I will try to get as many people from eq to get it also! We must OWN this new world!

-Araton Ovidius

Archived