Patch 1.8.4

Huato

Ok, here's a small snippet of the patch contents:

Battlegrounds

* Battles must now last at least ten minutes after the start of the battle in order for the losing team to receive a Mark of Honor.

Is it me, or should this be for the winning team in AB? The times that we get thrown against the A-Team we get rolled in less than 5 minutes no matter what we try or how hard we try. Why punish the losers for trying and not being able to do a thing about it?

I was thinking more like what they did with AV...if the match ends in less than an hour there, the winning team gets less honor and faction.

Just like that, but make it 10 minutes for AB.

Well at least when we lose in WSG the games usually just drag on and on and on and on hehhee

some of the WSG games I've played with Tazzak lasted a whole... 8 minutes hehe

lol

Wait till you hit 60. And go to Arathi Basin.

You'll appreciate what I'm saying a whole lot more then ;)

Yep, but then there's incentive for us when we fight the A-Teams to stay.

Now there is absolutely no reason for us not to AFK out on them until the next patch.

/golfclap blizzard

Yep, but then there's incentive for us when we fight the A-Teams to stay.

Now there is absolutely no reason for us not to AFK out on them until the next patch.

/golfclap blizzard

Wait a tic! Lets not be hasty ;)

Remember - as of patch 1.9 you cannot re enter a queue of which you have /afk'd out of for about 10 minutes iirc.

Therefore this fix was introduced. If you stay and lose your battle and it takes 7 minutes, you will be back in the queue after 7 minutes. If you afk out after 3 minutes, you will be back in the queue after 13 minutes instead.

Now the incentive is to try and win, no matter what kind of team the enemy fields.

But until then...and after then...the loser of these matches gets squat for showing up. There's already mention of many casual gamers leaving the BG's altogether for this reason. We can't help when Shad or Juggs AFKs out of a match against the A-Teams and we get stuck facing them and get slaughtered as a pick up group. Now we get nothing for even trying to stick it out. NADA. Nothing. Where is my incentive now at 60, with no epic gear, and can't get a PUG to stick together to work out strategies? Pretty well blows my chances of ever progressing in AB or WSG in most cases as far as faction goes. I'm barely into friendly with Huato with both those groups. With this change, I will probably never see Honored unless we and the AC can put together a couple teams that work well together. No more casual battle grounds at 60. Just isn't going to happen.

But until then...and after then...the loser of these matches gets squat for showing up. There's already mention of many casual gamers leaving the BG's altogether for this reason. We can't help when Shad or Juggs AFKs out of a match against the A-Teams and we get stuck facing them and get slaughtered as a pick up group. Now we get nothing for even trying to stick it out. NADA. Nothing. Where is my incentive now at 60, with no epic gear, and can't get a PUG to stick together to work out strategies? Pretty well blows my chances of ever progressing in AB or WSG in most cases as far as faction goes. I'm barely into friendly with Huato with both those groups. With this change, I will probably never see Honored unless we and the AC can put together a couple teams that work well together. No more casual battle grounds at 60. Just isn't going to happen.

A bit of doom and glooming if you ask me. ;)

Try and look at the big picture. You are not taking this change in the context of the other changes.

If the only thing which was being changed this patch was the 10 minute no reward thing, you would be 100% correct. HOWEVER - this is all predicated on Shaden or Juggger AFKing out of the match.

They won't be AFKing anymore however, as this will hurt their honor gains. Here is how it will work

BEFORE

A team meets A team. A quick 2 minute start to the match shows this. Our A Team AFK's out if they see that it isnt a PUG they are going up against.

You rejoin their battle to lose to the Alliance A Team in due corse. You get a badge of honor.

AFTER

A Team meets A team. A quick 2 minute start to the match shows this.

If our A Team AFK's out, they will not be able to re enter the BG for 10 minutes. Meaning that it will have been a 12 minute window gaining no honor. Meanwhile, the Alliance A Team will win in 5 or 6 minutes, meaning that they are back in queue 4-6 minutes faster than our A team, and are guarnateed a PUG, increasing their honor.

Therefore, they likely won't be AFK ing anymore. They will want to try and win and finish the match. That way at least they will get honor from losing. BUT if they throw the match too quickly, they wont get anything. Therefore it will make the best course of action actually PLAYING the match, which is what blizz wants.

Now the only challenge you have as a PUG is survive 10 minutes against the A team from the word go, not from the you rejoin a lost battle part.

True, but in the mean time there are no repercussions for anyone AFKing out of a match, which means an unorganized group going into AB is going to get steamrolled and will get nothing.

This is why I am trying to get organzied here and over at AC...that way we can at least try to last long enough to get something out of it, and to eventually win.

It appears you are in Luck, Huato! ;)

The 10 Minute no honor thing has been proclaimed a bug. They were intending to do that INSTEAD of the 10 minute queue timer thing, not both. So this went live in error.

They have apologiized and will be hotfixing it out.

Woogah!!

I only went to WSG with Zuato last night because of it...oddly, we were in a match for 12 minutes and lost and I did NOT get my mark as we were supposed to. ;)