Publish 22 Changes

Martok

Check it out. Why they trying to get me to quit the game again?

Publish 22 Changes

Publish 22 Experience Changes

Experience is now divided among group members, rather than every group member receiving full credit for the kill.

A larger group experience bonus was implemented, to ensure that grouping is still optimal: although experience earned per kill is less, a group of players is still able to earn experience over time at a much faster rate than a solo player.

For example:

If you solo a creature then you get 6000 experience.

If I solo a creature then I get 6000 experience.

If we group and kill two creatures together, then we get 3000 experience per creature each (6000xp total), plus an additional bonus amount of experience because we are grouped (and two of us together can kill those two creatures more quickly than we could have solo'd one each).

The display of experience was altered in order to minimize the notification of individual experience grants, and emphasize the notification of group experience bonus percentages. Since individual experience grants on a per-kill basis decline as group size increases, but the group bonus percentage increases as your group-size increases, we want to place the emphasis on the increasing bonus for grouping rather than on the decreasing individual experience awards.

We hope that this clears up any confusion with the experience changes.

Although it's a heavy hit on XP it is still very surmountable in a group.

The thing that really chaps my hide is Jedi... they got both ends of the shaft on this and I think SOE is really looking for another 'side' of the shaft to hit them again.

Gain 2000 xp in an hour and have a BH take 200K+ from you in one moment? Not good math.

:cry:

Group Experience Changes

Test Center group experience calculations have just been reverted to pre-publish 22. We strongly encourage our players to create a character on Test Center and report any problems that may arise as soon as possible. The publish from Test Center will be pushed to our Live service later on tonight. This will not require a downtime however some players may need to log out to see the changes take affect.

The new display for the group experience changes that was introduced in Publish 22 will be remaining as is. We will be looking into longer term fixes to address some community concerns about what the display shows.

The announcements section and launchpad will be updated with new information when it is available.

Thank you for your patience.

Tiggs

HAHA they removed both threads that had all the ranting in them, and locked all the others in the updates section... Obviously not interested in what their customers have to say. :cry:

HAHA they removed both threads that had all the ranting in them, and locked all the others in the updates section...  Obviously not interested in what their customers have to say.  :(

SOE ... INTERESTED in the customer?!?!? hahahahahahahah yay Jadeynn you win the "Make Sei's day funny" award for the day! :cry:

Archived