My First Honor Kill

Khamballa

In the heart of the Stone Talon Mountains – South of Sunrock Retreat…

Jogging persistently along the path I see a familiar set of ears. It be da ears dat you be seein on jus about every elvsie. Before I take in da entire situation we cross paths, a scent of elf skin whirls past my face. Stricken with interest she be… she stops. Khamballa stop. I turn roun’ to fin dat she looking right back at me. I smudge my face with red war paint, da Olog proclamation of war. No soona be da red on my face den a silver plated Oomie come over da hill. He eyes me, I am no match for him yet. I don move. If I run der no chance of escape. I muss face death with eyes dat show no fear. He runs behind me, I can feel him eying me. He be opposite da elvsie, his ally. But I realize dat der no way to escape death if he come. I face da Elvsie, for she be seein da look of death upon my face if I be run through. I hear da scurry of footsteps run away from behind me.

Just me an da elvsie. Her eyes pierce back at me. Poof. She be smoke. A scratching upon the ground and she is a cat, a cat wit big teeth. Snarling she looks ready for battle. A shapeshifter she is. She shifts back. At dat moment a fierce anxiousness and extasy run through Khamballa. Her weapons are pulled, and in her eyes there is her proclamation of war.

Like da snake dat bit me so long ago – I eye her and recoil a bit, waiting for da time in which peace is prime. Den it come. I strike like da snake. She is stunned but still ready to fight. Within an instant, t######, painful, terrible roots entangle my legs. I cannot move. They lock me in like a deadly serpent. I strike at da roots as she distances herself from me. Green orbs dat smell like burning trees smash into me. Da pain is deep, hidden but painful to da core. I hack enough to pull my legs out and I stumble after her. When I get close enough I rend her chest, I strike her hamstring, I brutally knock her in the chest with my butchers axe. She is meat to me, I am her butcher. A green glow appears in her hands, a great healing energy tingles on my face – she shall surly use it to her advantage. I smash da shield into the growing green orb and an electric current bursts all over, worthlessly into the air. Her nose is smashed by the blow. Blood runs down her face, and der is a fear in her eyes. Stumbling back from da blow I lean in and grip her as well as I can be wit my shield hand. With the blade, I fall like a tree onto her and bury da blade into her face… over and over and over. She is dead twice, three, four, ten times.

I pull the blade from the grounded purple flesh – bone fragments hanging onto the blade… “Thank you”, I say a short prayer and scurry into the darkness of the StoneTalons… like da snake - I am once again hidden.