EQ2 or WOW

Nokk

There are posts on multiple gaming websites with a detailed analysis of both games by people that have played both.

Even many of the diehard EQ players have given props to WoW.

Try IGN Vault or Warcry.

Each has its merits.

Both though travel with a different current as the main pulse.

WoW.........Quests thru Teamwork to gain abilities.

EQ2.............Epics with Teamwork to gain items.

One is more of an item ladder while the other is more of an evolution ladder.

Both will rule thier segments of the Online world.

EQ2 will most likely replace EQ

WoW will make its own nitch and successfully travel over into the online world.

Ultima Online........Roleplay adventure

EQ/EQ2.................Item adventure

WoW....................Quest adventure

Shadowbane..........Civilization building

DAoC....................PvP adventuring

Horizons................Race/species adventuring

LineageII...............PvP Clan Adventuring

Star Wars Galaxies..Space Trilogy adventuring

Star Trek................Space Epic adventuring

Anarchy Online........Sci-Fi adventuring

WWII Online...........War Re-enactment adventuring

Asherons Call..........Microsoft Adventuring

Sims......................Social Adventuring

Middle Earth............Tolken Adventuring

City of Heros...........Comics Adventuring

Who do I personally think will still exist in 10 years?

Ultima Online.......The first will be forever and always part of the online world.

EQ......................Some form of EQ will always exist

WoW...................This will be Blizzards stake in Online gaming

Star Wars.............SW online will be future place of Lucas's imagination

Star Trek..............Only Tolken has a larger base...this will rule space.

Middle Earth..........Future generations will battle with/against Sauraman forever.

City of Heros or some Comic hero based engine will exist...CoH or Marvel....X generation will maintain this category.

The people I've talked to who used to play EQ and now play EQ2 say it is a different game.. can't really compare the two. The more I hear about EQ2 the less I want to play it. I like how EQ plays. Also, the whole thing about the evil and good not being able to easily group or be in the same guild doesn't sound too appealing to me. It just brings back memories of being on a PVP server and having limited options as to grouping and who you can be friends with. I suppose if you've played EQ, then EQ2 would be nice because there are some familiar locations and I guess the basic idea is still the same, but if you're hoping for it to be just an updated version of EQ then you'll be in for a surprise. I work at a game store now and we have like a million copies of EQ2 still on the shelf and hardly any WoW. Yeah, I know WoW just came out, but compared to how many EQ2 were left on the shelf after release, I'd have to say that WoW is much more popular. When the guys (so far I've only sold 1 WoW to a girl!) come go get WoW I ask them if they've played any other MMOs and most say they used to play EQ. So, from my little survey seems that WOW > EQ2, at least to EQ players hehe. I don't think that EQ2 will replace EQ in the long run. My desire to play EQ2 has pretty much all left by now, maybe I'm still a little curious, but EQ still has my attention.

Each has its merits.

EQ2.............Epics with Teamwork to gain items.

Not exactly. There are plenty of quests that result in skills, abilities and things which are not item driven with thousands (yes thousands) of quests there is much to this game. As much as questing is concerned so is tradeskilling. Its a pretty detailed system way too detailed for me as I prefer to kill kill kill though there are those that will find a great deal of fun and pleasure unlocking secret formual's recipies and scribing new spells.

While I have not played WoW I have met many that are playing both simultaneously. The biggest difference many have noted is WoW is more cartoony. Both worlds have lots you can see and touch. Lots of quests and lots of storylines which can take you down various paths depending on how you respond.