Stress Test

Balandar

Public sign-ups are now active.

Anyone interested in getting an advance look at World of Warcraft can now sign up for a chance to participate in the upcoming World of Warcraft stress test beta! While thousands of test slots were snatched up by FilePlanet subscribers during the priority-access period earlier this week, thousands more remain available. However, potential testers must sign up quickly, because the remaining test slots will be distributed on a first come, first served basis until they’ve all been claimed.

The stress test beta, which will start soon after all 100,000+ test slots have been assigned, will help Blizzard evaluate World of Warcraft’s account-creation process and server performance under heavy loads. This seven-day test will be separate from the ongoing World of Warcraft closed beta test, but stress testers will have access to all of the game content that closed-beta testers are currently playing. To learn more about the upcoming stress test beta, please visit the World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta FAQ.

http://www.fileplanet.com/

I got in too! Woo-hoo! Undead Soke incoming! Muhahaha!

Seriously, probably going to try out a lot of different things in this week at all hours, so that I can see what's what and if I *really* want to play or not.

So, you might see a Troll-Soke or an Orc-Soke, but definitely gotta try out the undead stuff first.

I'm in the stress test as well, I'll be testing my orc warlock character, Narod. It should start as soon as 100,000 people are signed up, which shouldn't take long. See you guys in there (for a week anyways)! :yub:

Not sure what my name will be since Grulg is currently being used on Borg's account (he reserved my name). I'll be in there once I burn about 10GB of stuff of some CDs so I have enough room to install the game. :yub:

I paid my $15 to FilePlanet and got a code key for the Stress test. Download looks like it could take a few DAYS though. >??

It may take until Sunday afternoon before I have the client downloaded...grrr.

When is the stress test supposed to end?