Beta??? Anyone???

Darkstar

I was wondering if anyone in SoC got a Beta slot, US or European. It would be great to hear some feedback on how the game looks and plays so far. I, personally, would like some info on guild tabbards and armor/clothing types, screenshots and the like. I know it's possible nobody in SoC landed a beta slot, and if so that makes me sad... Other than that I'm just posting something so the forums seem less dead... So yeah... See you around...

>:[

If you're looking for info on beta, check here. Wow-ra has several people that made it into the beta, and are generous with screenshots. Elsewhere on their site, they have 'wow-tv', sort of a webcam of sorts, so you can watch people playing the game through a series of refreshed screenshots.

I think more of us Skullcrushers should make themselves a presence on Wow-RA. I'm pretty active there. If a lot of us start talking around there, we could have a lot of great RP guilds to interact with! >:[

I played Beta up to level 22 on a friends account. SHOOSH! >:[

From my opinion:

The game seemed very complete from a stability standpoint. I don't remember ever crashing, and had very little lag.

The largest problems I found was that there was a few underpopulated zones, and some of the quests were a pain to figure out what to do next.

I only played a shaman, and from what I've seen on the blizzard site, the shamans have changed quite a bit from what I tested.

The game is fairly easy to play in solo mode, but when I grouped with a warrior and a warlock we were able to do some pretty impressive stuff!

I dabbled a little bit with alchemy and herbalism....I spent plenty of hours just running around looking for those few pieces of mageroyal I needed for a certain potion (Finding herbs was actually fun!)

The only part of the entire game that makes me nervous is to see how PvP is worked out...that will make or break WoW.

lol,is there still a chance to get in european beta?

If i hear the comment about beta i just can't wait to test it myself!!

Man, I wish I had friends, so I could blackmail them out of their beta slots... *sigh*

hmm,ok now i see why you don't have any friends >:[

~vrad

I've been playing in the beta. Mostly Mage and Druid, but I've dabbled in all of them.

Overall, its remarkably stable and very near complete.

The learning curve vs everything else (I've played most all of the rest at some point) is very easy.

They still need to add talents (only mage and warrior are in so far).

They are still playing around with different PvP options, so dont count anything you hear on that as concrete at this point.

Most items, after the first few lvls, are geared towards being worn by one person. ie., once that person wears it, it is useless for anyone else. Its kinda strange, but it adds to the game quite a bit in the higher levels.

The game is very soloable for every class. Some do better than others, of course, but even a priest can get to 40 alone if he REALLY wanted to.

The biggest issue I had with the game before playing it was the graphics, but they become a non-issue after being in-game for more than 10 minutes. The graphics actually seem to fit the world perfectly and it all works quite well. It even becomes much more immersive than I thought it could. They've done a good job creating an ambiance that fits.