purple hued items

whiterabbit

It appears that the word travels much faster than I originally anticipated. During a policy discussion a few days ago we determined that faction sigil purple items would be now legal to buy, sell and own. This decision was made simply because these items can now be made without the use of an exploit. Because no exploit is involved we no longer saw the need to police these items. We are currently in the process of updating all our documents regarding these items and we appreciate your patience while we do so.

I apologize I was unable to get this word out to all of you prior to the GMs enforcing this new policy.

Thank you,

Platinum

Customer Service Manager

EA Customer Support

In still not buying any, all it takes is for some one to come out with some kind of rule and change stuff around and we all get in trouble. Its happend before in the past were they say one thing only to change their mind later.

Its up to you of course to make your own decision. But I for one I will not holding anything purple other then stuff that I have been wearing.

Unless of course I can get a PURPLE horse :laugh:

(I'm kidding)

Tass :gold:

I agree Tass i also have seen them changed thier minds, this could be a way for them to single out the people that still hold them and begin to sell , or it could be legit i mean it really does not alter the game in any way

Devin

Edited by Devin Ashley

colored enamel is coming. (my bet)

Asian Armor in history was the first and most widely colored of all cultures.

color is going to be nearly an irrelevant issue.

I would even lean that the "uber" items now that are hued will be able to be modified in color.

ICE

ETHEREAL

FLAMING

SPECTORIAL

effects will not be able to be done and will be the next significant visual difference between loot item/craft item and EVENT MODERATOR or QUEST CHARACTER UNIQUE ITEMS.

Actually i have a suit of purple armor, not factionhued. checked with five GM's now, all said it was legal. sent an email to UO.com and they told me the method i used to get it was fully legal; its not that hideous bright purple that faction hue is on say a shield. unfortunately it can only be done with dragon armor; ive been wearing it for a while. I dont thinkthe faction hue is safe, but thats my opinion