Task Force Missions

Soke

Has anyone done these yet? Or even the first one, Positron's? Hubby and I are sitting on our mains til we can do this (sigh), and supposedly the missions are fixed...supposedly. Anyone even interested in doing these?

I have done the Positron mission. Some comments:

• First of all - no bugs I could see - Task Force Missions are fixed!
  • Second, it was fun - do it! It did take us 6 hours to complete. Make sure you screen your teammates to make sure they are really committed to a minimum of 5 hours of play. (I have heard about a group taking 9 hours with a scrapper that died 20 times, but that sounds a bit like team and playstyle problems...)
  • Minimum size is 3, but see the next bullet. I went with a team of 7.
  • I think they changed the difficulty so that all bad guys will be 15th level in the Positron mission no matter what the heroes levels are. When I went, the level of the leader determined the villian level.
  • Select your group carefully, staying with a group of bozos for 6 hours is NOT going to be fun!
  • You can shut down and reenter the mission. We were scared to simply log out, but if you crash you can get back in. Also, you could intentionally hard reboot your machine or pull up Task Manager and end CoH. Anyone know if you can log the normal way (with the 30 second count down) and still return to a TF mission?
  • At the end of the mission, I believe everyone is supposed to get an SO enhancement. My tray of loose enhancements was full when we got to the end, so I did not receive one. :yub: Sell enhancements between each mission, and as you get near the end try to make sure you have a fairly empty tray.
  • Expect some debt along the way. Our whole party died 3 times in a row at one point and I had actually clicked the "Quit Task Force Team" button I was so frustrated, but when the "Are you sure?" box came up I decided to stick with it.
  • You will make some good XP. Part of the reason I considered leaving was that I had levelled up to 14th. That was my "hidden agenda" in joining the TF.

Like Totally (or "LT" for short) is probably available (she's a 14th level healer on Virtue) for a TF mission on Sunday. Lemme know...

My husband and I both have characters sitting at 14 (mine a scrapper, his a defender). We're trying to get my brother-in-law to join us...and yea, I think Sunday would be the day, BUT...trying to arrange so that we all have five to seven hours to do this is kinda difficult. SO...may be posting on here looking for people on a Sunday (hopefully soon). Glad to hear it seems to be fixed so we CAN log out and do it again another day...at least hopefully. Will probably need to finish the story arcs we're doing now tho beforehand, so we can get our sou..souven...our permanent clues, however you spell it. :yub:

Thanks for the info, Dash.

Glad to hear it seems to be fixed so we CAN log out and do it again another day...

Hmmm - I think I misled you on this point. I don't think the whole team can quit and save the mission for later. I was talking more about something where player #3 get a mapserver disconnect. If you lag and then get kicked out of CoH, you can log back in and you will automatically rejoin the mission.

I would be surprised if the whole team could log and "save" the remained of the mission for later...

Hey I heard Dark Eagle is at 14 as well, maybe he would run with us? Again I could work as a healer, but with the baddies all pegged at 15th level, and all the potential folks at 14, we may need some 15th level or greater help. (Can 16+ toons do the Positron mission?)

I'd love to join in. Sunday is probably okay for Kestrel and I, if it's later in the day. We have a prior obligation from 1-4 PM (PST), but could do it after that. Until the kids go to bed around 7:30, we tend to get interrupted a lot, but we can make a special effort for a special mission like that.

Kestrel and Osprey are lev 17 now, I think. Should we work to get a few alts up to 14 for Sunday, or would we be able to bring them along? Not sure on the particulars here.

Dark Osprey

I'm not even sure if the hubby and I are going to try it this weekend...need to get organized, and pehaps level up to fifteen since that's the highest end for Positron's task force missions.

Hmm. And if you can't quit in the middle of a task force, how in the heck are "casual" players supposed to complete them?

I did the first of Positron's mission, but then I had to leave :/

My highest character, Jaefeth, is still just a puny 11 scrapper, but when sidekicked he can do some damage :bubbles:

I've been working on a gun/devices blaster named .Garfield though and should have him up pretty quick if I have enough time :yub:

Ohh I would love to do this!! I have a few toons that would work 14 blaster, 14 scraper and my 10 def that I am working on now (wow dark/dark def'ers are cool!!) And I hope to have this one to 14 soon.

Yah, agreed on the dark/dark defenders! :D That's what Osprey is. Unfortunately, we'll be gone this weekend, so Osprey and Kestrel cannot participate in any task force missions for a bit (too many hours to do on a weeknight). I'd love to try one sometime, though.

Dark Osprey

My husband, his brother, and I did Positron's task force last night. It was "easy" overall (we had a good mix, scrapper, defender, blaster), but it did take us seven hours to complete (ugh). It was pretty fun too, AND we got a single origin enhancement at the end, so that was worth it, as well as a level and a half of experience (at level 15 too, probably not cost effective with normal grouping stuff, but...it was fun, did I mention that?).

So, not bad. :lostit:

I think in general the Task Force missions work as the closing chapter in a storyline. Taking from all the villians you deal with up to level 15 (Vaz, Clockwork, Hellions, Skulls, CoT) they make a "grand finale" with the TF.

But not to worry, if you are too high level to take on Positron's (Steel Canyon) Task Force Mission which has 15th level bad guys, then look for the 20th level Task Force (given by Synapse?) in Skyway City.

I think there are 25th level, 30th, 35 and 40 as well...

The Posi task force is kinda interesting...it's basically that 3 villain groups (CoT, Vahz, and Clockwork) are converging on attacking the Paragon City dam...it's more involved than that, but kinda neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from the CoH official boards:

Positron - Steel Canyon - Level 10-16 - 3 players

Synapse - Skyway City - Level 15-21 - 4 players

Sister Psyche - Independence Port - Level 20-26 - 5 players

Bastion - Talos Island - Level 25-31 - 6 players

Manticore - Brickstown - Level 30-36 - 7 players

Numina - Founders' Falls - Level 35-41 - 8 players

Anybody out there in the Sister Psyche range? Best Gameplay just hit 23 and is interested in trying the next Task Force mission... :gold:

Just did the Sister Psyche TF on Sunday with Max Fury (level 24 at the time, 25 now) with a couple other people--people dropped as it went on, and we finished with Max Fury--Blaster, Purging Flame--Tanker, and Med. Unit--Defender. There was a level 25 archvillain at the end of it...and we kicked her ass. Yup, that's right, her ass. Interesting to see.

I would do it again, but I suspect by Wednesday I'll be level 26 or higher.

Cool! I didn't know Max was in the 20's. I know Novawop is in the 30's, but I thought the 20's were empty of T.H.E. folks. Maybe I can catch up for the Bastion mission. :)

Catch up theory:

1. Do Sister Psyche Task Force mission. Gain a level.

2. Repeat

:gold::laugh::laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I was wandering around Talos Island this morning when a request for a Tanker to do the Bastion TF came up. So, I jumped in. It was a team of 8 so I was worried it would make each mission too full of villians to go quickly. For some reason the spawns were reasonable, and we jammed through it in 3 or 4 hours.

Good team, quick TF. (4 Blasters, 2 Defenders, 1 Tanker, 1 Scrapper) Only downside to this TF - all missions are cave missions. It gets a bit cramped and it can be hard to see what you are doing.

I was barely 26th when we started, got SKed by a 30, and gained 1/2 a level by doing the TF. Woot!

Archived