Fun little tidbit

Syban

Bonus Answer

What is the biggest, meanest, toughest critter in the game, and where does he (or she) spawn?

One of the developers who reads the boards a lot noticed the correspondent’s question and came up with this answer, “I was testing some changes for Publish 9, and figured that since I would be there for a while, why not host a royal rumble?”

(At this point, the dev spawned these creatures on the development server. For those that were in Beta, you'll remember what it looks like - - it looks a lot like Tatooine :D )

Contestants:

Krayt Dragon Ancient - Tatooine

Peko Peko Albatross - Naboo

A Gungan - Naboo (Because who doesn’t like to see Gungans die?)

Lord Nyax - Corellia

Gronda Juggernaut - Corellia

Graul Marauder - Dantooine

Kiin Dray - Dathomir

Nightsister Elder - Dathomir

Blurrg Raptor - Endor

Gorax - Endor

Endraged Dune Kimogila - Lok

Captain Hassk - Rori

Mire Marauder - Talus

Mad Angler - Yavin IV

Acklay - Yavin IV

AT-AT - Anywhere they please

Believe it or not, the Acklay was the first to die. This was followed closely by the Gungan in a sort of, "Oh look, a gungan" sort of way.

What amazed me the most; was Lord Nyax coming in third out of that bunch. He stayed away for the most part and just plucked away with his blaster. Worked well for him until he got the unlucky attention of the Gorax though or he might have gone the distance.

Fight carried on in the way that fights do while I continued on my crafting. Captain Hassk and the Mad Angler had died at some point and I returned just in time to see the Mire Marauder go down. The Gorax and the Peko Peko Albatross were having a bit of a one-on-one duke'em out, the royal rumble not being their thing. The Krayt Ancient though was more than willing to welcome all comers; he appeared to be fighting everything at once and dropping them one by one. In the end it proved to be his demise with only the AT-AT, Nightsister Elder and Lord Nyax surviving to tell about it.

The Gorax proved himself to be the best of the two and returned to the fray, not liking the looks of the AT-AT I imagine he went for the Nightsister Elder instead. Kill shot though was provided by Lord Nyax, ever the opportunist, who then paid for the folly of reminding the two giants that he was still around.

Gorax came into the fight with more HAM but it appeared that the AT-AT was the one with the stronger punch. It really would have come right down to the wire but an untimely server crash will always have me wondering who it would have been.

Since the AT-AT does not yet spawn on his own, I guess the answer is: The Gorax of Endor.

one day (back when you could use AT-STs to hunt) I went to endor with a big group including several people with atsts (despite the rebs in the group), but even after half a day of searching we couldnt find a gorax :yub:

Archived