Suggestions for the rules.

Glok'tur

Upon release of the game, we will discover more rules that need to be in place, but I think we can start a few of them early. I also have a suggestion; we should add 3rd section to the Rules page called the Rules of Engagement(RoE). They will specifically be for all combat, of any kind. (Wargames, PvE, outsider fights, innerclan competitions and spars, etc..)

If you heads decide to do it, I would make it the 2nd section listed on the rules page.

Here are a few ideas! (I'll list some rules we already have that I think should be relocated to RoE.)

This list is Unofficial. These are suggestions by Glok'tur, me. :)

1. Upon siting a known enemy of the clan or our allies, you must make yourself known before attacking. (This does not apply to pre-planned battles. It is a forewarning for the opposing roleplayer by chance you meet them unexpected. If they attack you without warning, by all means defend yourself.)

2. When in groups, do not rush headfirst into battle! Wait for the present higher ranking clan member, or chosen group leader, to give the ok.

3. Obey all battle orders! If there are no orders given yet, rally to the group leader or V.I.P. to protect them and wait for orders. If there is no outranking member of the clan present, consult with your comrades on the situation. Keep in mind to protect young members if possible, though 2nd to protecting the member in charge.

4. Do not pursue fleeing enemies too far. They are intelligent creatures too, it's a lot easier for our enemies to kill remaining members of the clan, or advance on our territory, if our troops have pursued a decoy!

5. When in PvE(Player versus Environment; npc's, etc..), higher ranking clan members may loot first. Do Not loot unless there is no outranking member present, or they have given you permission to do so.

6. Do Not Loot enemy players, with exception of PKers. (I don't know if there will be PKing in the final release of WoW or not.)

This rule is subject to exception; If the player took something of yours, if it is an item of insignificance that you Need. (Like a cheap health potion. Don't take anything that you know, or think is any bit expensive at all.)

7. Defend the clan and our territory at all costs. Don't run off in the heat of battle to gain a little pride in the downfall of an enemy, if it even *might* cost a fellow clan member their life.

There, what do you think? Please give me feedback! Yay or Nay? Yay but let's change...? Nay and let's clomp Glok? :)

~Glok :)

Not that it matters to me because I plan on being a warlock... but when you say make yourself known before attacking.. wouldnt that put rogues at a disadvantage.. one of their main abilities is to sneak on their prey... just a thought

Edited by Hadrian

Making yourself known - Why would you attack a much higher level character alone? If there are 3 or 4 of you, even if all are a few levels below, the enemy will most likely not prevail. By making yourself or selves known you are giving him a chance to retreat. This rule is more of guideline, depending on the situation; make yourself known. Yes, if you're a stealth-type don't make yourself known. I don't think this rule applies to you. It's a rule that, in my previous experience in RP guilds, is not enforced, but is encouraged. I can add this to the describe the rule, if they decide to implement the RoE.

High ranking members loot first - This is a priviledge you receive for your dedication and commitment. Though I guess it isn't entirely necessary. If a Grunt bellows "Bak uff, luutz myne!," to a gruntee, he/she'll have to. We're orcs people, don't expect to be getting every last item in the game. There will most likely be some equipment restrictions, to enforce a few aspects of roleplaying.

Example: If you find some sweet armor, but it's alliance-made, your orc probably isn't going to trust it. There are people who would wear it anyway, which isn't very sportsman-like in the RP world. This is a very touchy issue though, which can't really be decided until the game goes live and we know what to expect. A lot of it depends on which race/class is "tweaked" and which isn't. That rule doesn't have to be in there, though. I'm satisfied with ordering the lower ranking members to back off. ???

Thank you for your feedback, more thoughts and comments would be much appreciated! It teaches you and gives you good ideas for the advancement of your roleplay knowledge/capability. Being questioned by fellow RPers and asking questions of your own will get you ready for the next topic of importance, or roleplay group you join.

~Glok

Edited by Glok'tur

Thanks for thinking of this Glok.

We will definately have a ROE by release. Please continue thinking of what you would all like to commit to. When Grulg (Balandar) gets back from his nice vacation, we can discuss even further on IRC.