Language PUNISHMENTS!!!!

Veeklir

It depends on how it is used.

Okay Example:

/say OOC: Sorry, but I have a real life emergency and must leave.

Note the OOC part.

Bad Example:

/say Go to hell and screw you.

/say My str is 25.

/say I only need 12 xp till my next level.

The Bad Example will result in punishment, possibly a demotion in the guild, public clomping in front of guild members, maybe some kind of guild clomping by peon(s) in the guild, something humiliating. Or just a simple /guild remove player if un-orc like (E.G. Cursing in any language, orcish or english or anything).

I, personally, challenge you to find interesting sayings in place of some OOC things that just can't be left out entirely.

Examples:

Logging on or off - going to sleeb or waking up

Making sure your group is getting decent experience - "Lat lernun guud frum deze pushdugz?" ((Though if you're going to say something about experience I would suggest adding something like, "Har dem pinkeez nubhosh, bu' dem gib a guud clomp sumtymez!" This way it still leans towards the roleplay of everyday orcish life, but can get necessary OOC things discussed))

By the way, if ever you are around Glok'tur, and you are obviously powergaming OVER roleplay, he will pick on you in some way. Powergaming isn't very roleplay-like, granted it's also not a sin or anything. Sometimes there's just nothing better to do, or you're really frustrated and just want to roleplay your orc hard at work. But, keep in mind your orc doesn't 'gruk' that he's in a game and there is a large pinkee controlling his every move. If WoW were real life, would you want to work all the time? Do things that, in real life, you as an orc would enjoy for fun, instead of just gain!

Also, don't be discouraged by people who won't roleplay back, and believe me there will be a lot of them, many who will even try to ruin your fun. (Because they have large tree trunks enlodged in their *mouth is covered by a moderator*.)

Turn it into fun if you find someone like that!

Example:

Human with tree trunk enlodged in his arse: "Hahaha, you stupid orc you're lagging like a b****. Your computer must suck!"

Glok'tur: "Da skah? Wud am kumpuuter?"

Human: "Hahaha I have a tree tr... err you know, that BOX you have in front of you??"

Glok'tur: "Bogz? Der am bogz en frunt ub me??? WHER!!! WHER DA MOJO BOGZ?!!? Bah, dumskah humiez si tingz. Nub shuud eet da shruumz en foruzt."

(Heh, actually you probably shouldn't joke about drugs... sorry. But you get the idea!)

Mojo means magic to Glok, he'll use it often as most of you will probably say maguk or majuk. If you see him ranting about "mojoka" this or "mojokii" that it just means he's complaining about magic casters and their stupid magic tricks. =)

I would like them all to speak in orcish if possible and not in OOC. But if they must say "Mom's in a car wreck, have to go", I can understand.

But "I need to take a smoke", punishment would be swift in coming.... (Me nub gruk wud lat blahn abowd, lat hab tu huld clowds? *clomps*).

Yep, Glok'tur brings up a great point... you will find more people that will make fun of you roleplaying, than those that will roleplay with you. Don't get discouraged! Stay in character and frustate them more than they can frustrate you!

What I meant is there are game-related OOC things that simply can't be entirely left out, so find creative ways of doing them. If you need a smoke or have to go to the bathroom, just say you're going to take a nap real quick or you have to do something real quick, then run and hide somewhere. Don't just leave your character sitting around in one spot for very long, it isn't realistic. Also, if you're talking to someone and you just go AFK randomly, they will probably wonder what's wrong. To your character there is no outside world. So try to keep it somewhat realistic. Remember to have fun though! It's not all rules and regulations. Hence the word Role-Play. =)

~Glok

That's true,you gotta live in in your character...

That bloodthirsty orc that stands there in your screen--Thats you!

So you don't have to work or make money all the time,jsut do what you do in normal life.

Maybe wow will provide something for smokers,so you can smoke in the game and in "real" life. :)

Lat tink'r uz blah humie blah!? BAH! Lat gid klomped bi Glok'tur reel fazt! Nub stinkee humie blah! Kummeeer!!! *starts firing arrows*

Heh heh, that would be Glok's response in game, if you told him you wanted to speak human english. On the real, we're here to role play, therefore we'll be strictly speaking "orcish." It basically is english, with some words exchanged, and all words broken. Don't beat yourself up trying to "learn" it. It's not hard at all, you'll see once we get ingame. =) When you're reading it, think english but very slurred. How would you talk if you were joking with your friends, acting like you were really dumb? "Har, me tink you look funny." Now in orcish it would be, "Har, me tink lat luuk funni." Pronounced exactly the same way, just spelled different to give it the feeling of difference.

If this group was a LARP(Live Action RolePlay), we'd probably use normal english and emphasize on rough, deep voices. The change in spelling is merely an alternate way of viewing the same sounding word. It gives it uniqueness! (Uniquity? lol)

Yeup, quite a few. I've been part of the Shadowclan Orcs in Ultima Online for a year and a half, abouts. It was the first orcish roleplay I ever attempted, and it's been great! I've roleplayed much longer than that, though. My online roleplaying started about 7 years ago. =) My offline roleplay started when I was a kid, but back then I called it pretending. ???

Nice explanation Glok'tur.

I am confident that those that are having trouble learning the orc language will find it very easy after they get in game and start using it.

Everyone has trouble at first, but then it kind of grows on ya...

WUD?? DIZ NUB EBEN KLOZE TU HUMIE BLAH! Latz ull krazee! KRAZEEE!!! Me uruk! NUB pinkee! Luuk! Me skin am grene! Me blah am urukish! Pppffft, humie blah...

Yeup, that's orcish for you, broken english.

SKAH ID NUB BROKUN HUMIE BLAH! *attempts shooting at the voices in the sky* Mabee ME da ash krazee! *looks around franticaly* STUB! Mayk id STUB! WAAARGH!!! *runs away again*

Heh heh, I have multiple personalities though they are conscious and voluntary. Is that a bad thing? Hi I'm Steve. Hi I'm Glok'tur. Hi I'm Bob Saget. *cocks shotgun.... BLAM* Pfft, damn 3rd one keeps trying to pop up.

*grin* Yub, im seme tu gruk id guud nuw. Urukish am bubhosh fun!

Though I was serious when I said you might catch yourself almost saying it out loud sometimes. Gruk has almost replaced "know" in my head quite a few times, and I just barely catch it before saying aloud. Hardy har

~Glok