To Be a Skullcrusher

Uglutz

Can someone tell me what RP really is?

Because I get confused when i read all this topics....

What's the difference between RP and:just play the game,get exp.,.....?

Roleplaying in its very essence is acting a character. Think of some of your favorite TV show characters. What makes them unique? Their quirks. Their behaviour. Their general image.

As already said, simply speaking orcish and acting tough is not rp'ing an orc... but it is a step in the right direction. Once you have the language down, work on some quirks. (I once rp'd an orc in UO that was very tough -- except due to a tramatic animal attack (nibble) incident when he was born -- he was deathly afraid of rabbits. I would run off screen, and often not return for an hour at the sight of a rabbit.) Now this was certainly a bit of an extreme quirk -- okay it was far too extreme of a personality quirk, but the point is that often when we think of someone, we characterize them by their quirks. Quirks are a great way to help define your orc from the other orcs. Mayhaps some day I will start a thread about "Orc Quirks" to give some people some ideas for rp'ing their orc.

Next is behaviour. In most cases, orcs are going to act gruff and strong. That is fine... but to what extreme. I had a warchief in my clan that was obediant, but often *grumbled* at some of the orders. Of course he was disciplined/clomped accordingly but his obedience is what kept him at his rank *grins*. Behaviour isn't necessarily about coping an attitude but can simply be how weakly or strongly you react to some things. Maybe your orc doesn't care a lot about drinking ale, so you don't get too excited about drinking it. Maybe your orc has been so used to being a grunt all his life that he constantly grovels and is overly obedient?

True everyone wants to be a big tough grunting orc... hell that's half the fun, but with a few traits and consistant behaviour you can create a unique image for your orc.

To define your character for everyone, write a story about him. Include in the narrative some of his quirks and general behaviour. Give people a bit of an understanding who you are, and why you are slightly different from the masses of other grunting orcs.

A clan focused on rp will also host rp events. Many times I hosted "find an item" quests or such that had an interesting storyline. What happens while pursing the quest is what can create an interesting story. Once the quest has been concluded I would post a general account of what happened (with some dramatic narrative insertions) as well as some screenshots. Included in the account would be any accolades of what some orcs did (Kog defeated a Wyvern single handed / Burzburguul snuck behind the enemy and delivered a critical blow / Gurav fell off a cliff).

Often just the need to seek out supplies / raw materials for the clan provides more that enough cause to get together and have fun.

Anyways, you'll get to know me for my long winded replys... but I hope that helps a little.

Edited by Kor!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was in a guild in the beta just to see what it was like. You can change the ranks of people... how many ranks I cannot say, but I did see a sort of ranking system in the menu. Someone said something about "We cannot level, but thats ok". What does that mean exactly? Is that refering to the level in which the ingame character is? I hope not..... because Me want tu be gudest orc ub dem all! hehe lol

• 5 months later...

Today, many things about Clan Skullcrusher have evolved from our origin. As any great guild should. The past has set the foundation, but we will continue to build and adapt as the game, guild, and players dictate.

To be worthy of our tabard, there are three simple rules. First, uphold the honor of the clan above all else. Second, behave maturely and respectfully at all times. Lastly, role play and help others enjoy the game with you.

• 2 months later...
Guest Kordan

Lok Tar friends!! I got here by google webby and searched for World of Warcraft,and found the Skullcrusher webby.I got a lvl 60 orc shaman in hellscream server,and yes like you fellas I am a orc fan too.I feel like normal server is pretty boring,got little friends but they hardly come online.So i decided to start fresh on a new server to make more friends,and finally a guild for orc fans!! GO SKULLCRUSHER!!

I have started my new shaman in the Argent Dawn server,do send tell to my shaman named Kordan.Not sure what I am gonna do with my 60 shaman in hellscream though,guess I gotta leave it and get over it :devil:

But hey a kool guild like this whats there to be sad about? I am looking forward to meeting you guys~!! :p