To Be a Skullcrusher

Uglutz

Hopefully this will answer some questions from our newer members! I guess you could call this PART ONE.

To Be a Skullcrusher

We are looking for people that are diehard orcs!! People who live and breath being an orc (or even a few of our Tauren and Troll members!). We are a roleplaying guild! Yes, a roleplaying guild! What does this mean? Well, the simplest term is that we create a character, and play that character as if we are actually in that world/mindset of an orc in warcraft!

Being a roleplayer is not extremely difficult, but it does take lots of work! You can't get there overnight! It takes lots of patience, practice, and trial and error! The most important part of being a roleplayer, is to HAVE FUN playing your character!

Every person will have a certain "view" of how their character acts. Their personality, their likes, dislikes etc... One of the most important things to remember about roleplaying your character is, you can't act as if your character is the mightest warrior, or most powerful warlock (it just doesn't work when you get killed by some low level monster! :) )

Do I have to be an expert roleplayer to be a Skullcrusher?

No! I have yet to meet the perfect roleplayer. Everyone started out at square one at some point! To be a Skullcrusher you have to WANT to roleplay! You have to want to further your roleplaying experience! I have played many many MMORPG's in the past. Each and every one has gotten boring at a certain point. There is only so many times you can get the awesome gear and bash the wicked monsters... then you hit the point where the only way you can further your game experience is through player interractions... or ROLEPLAY!!!

We want every Skullcrusher recruit to WANT to roleplay (and we require it!!). This does NOT mean you have to be a roleplaying expert to join the clan. We have rejected lots of applications from people who fill out the application knowing we are a roleplaying guild, and then check the "no" box for role-play understand.

A bit more about roleplaying

One of the hardest things to remember is you can't control someone elses character. One of the worst mistakes you can make is to perform "character assasination". The easiest way to define character assasination is to ruin the "vision" someone has of their character. This can be done by insults or general mean-spirited remarks to someone (regarding their character). People take their characters seriously, you should too!

Skah!! Lat pugdug!! Me nub lyk lat!! Lat hab tupid charactur.

The above is an example of what not to say. >:]

Seriously though, over 7 years of online gaming (MMORPGs), roleplaying has been the only way to truly have FUN. Bashing monsters 24/7 gets boring quick. After you have completed all the quests, whats left? EQ, DAoC, SB, SWG have all come and gone. None could hold my interest past a certain point, none really had the features that WoW will have to make roleplaying successful. UO was the only game that I could enjoy with roleplaying.

• 2 weeks later...

If you kill several enemys and did several quests,what next??

That why wow has tradeskills,so people can open a chop and stuff like that...

I just love it!

PS:I will never insult another character,even if its one from the alliance! ???

Every game has tradeskills. Boring. Doing the same thing over and over again. Just like killing monsters. That's why RP is such an important part of games. Otherwise they will become tedious and more work then Fun.

I agree completely.. even in Ultima.. I played since it came out.. I could never get into tradeskills.. I had a miner I never used because I got bored quick... but with WoW, this will be my first real attemp at Roleplaying and to be honest.. I probally wouldnt have even considered this game if it wasnt for all the talk you guys did.. You all hyped it up, talked about roleplaying as Orcs.. I got all gitty and ran to their website, now I cant wait for it to come out

Edited by Hadrian

Roleplaying is the act of pretending to be someone else. You pretend to be an orc. You pretend that you are in this other world, as if you lived there. Your character does not know how many str points he has, how much xp he has, etc. But its more then just not saying, it's what you say. In our case, we'll be bloodthirsty orcs, each with their own personality.

Roleplaying is often more fun than going through the motions of the game. Yeah, I know, you don't gain levels, but you can become part of that virtual world.

I roleplay all the time. Right now, I'm roleplaying as someone who is competent. ???

-cheers

-Hothgorn

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I am going to blah a little olog...datz coo witz youz, righto? Neh, anywahoot, for dem whoz neva knew Zinji Tiderunner, ima forma oomie jestah...dank dem spirits wesa got out, wez were few away from dem'z death roomz...Neh, so wesa all split up, yo, and me becomed a lona, dat's how oomies call it. So, Orcs rule all deze lands, an me knowz a bull...eva see Buckshot? Neh, doubt it, but hez deh one who got me to deh stronghold of orcs, an dats where me came to here, yo.

Edited by Zinji

hello i know i should be talking in orc if i wanted to impress you guys , but i will save that for if i get into the clan. me sent in my application from theyour website and was just wondering a couple things, 1. is that wat i wud have to do to get in after sending that in, like if there is any tests, 2. is the guild(clan) starting in the beta or are you waiting for the full version.

1. is that wat i wud have to do to get in after sending that in, like if there is any tests, 2. is the guild(clan) starting in the beta or are you waiting for the full version.

1. There are no tests to get into the clan. We base your application on your age, experience, and how well written the application is... There is a two week period as a Peon in the guild. In order to become a Gruntee you must have the approval of at least 2 other Gruntees and a Grunt or higher ranked Orc. Currently that is being done by the Warboss and Vuduboss, Grulg and Uglutz, aka Balandar and Martok. However, I encourage all current gruntees and grunts to make recommendations on peons they feel can become great orcs or if you are a troll/tauren, great guards.

2. The guild will be starting in the full version of the game. Since getting into beta will be pure luck, it is doubtful that either the Warboss or Vuduboss will be able to make the clan in beta. If they do however get into the game, they may test the guild functions to see if they will work with our current guild ranking system. When open beta comes out, then we most likely will be in the game.

thanks for the answer, but i dont understand im i in? as a peon

If you received an email saying that your application has been approved. Then yes, you are in as a Peon, which is a 2 week recruitment phase. But you must be active during those two weeks. You can't sit idly by, twiddling your thumbs for two weeks and be expected to become a Gruntee. Every Gruntee here has done something worth while to get their position. And it’s the Gruntees, as well as at least one Grunt, that you have to prove yourself to in order to become a Gruntee.

• 2 weeks later...

Jus blah lots lyk Uglutz. Uglutz blah ull da skah'n tym! Him blah agh blah agh blah agh GRRRRRR. Glok'tur bubhosh blah'r tu, blah wif him ib lat wun tu lern tu blah reeli gud. >:]