Growing Shamanism

Vuduka Giratz

Any character class can obtain any of the ranks listed. The only rank that is restricted to ONLY warriors and shaman, is the elder nob (one of each).

There is currently nothing in the guild heiarchy for a shaman leader, a rogue leader, warlock leader, warrior leader, etc....

The upper rank promotions will most likely not be given out until after the game is released. It is impossible to determine one's maturity and leadership abilty (as well as in game activity) until the game is out.

There is a good possibility some of the ranks will undergo a "name change" in the coming week or so. Something to keep more in line with the history and story of warcraft.... so basically to sound more warcraftish.

• 2 weeks later...

If I may, I have some suggestions for name changes for the ranks on the roster. Of course, any final decision or change would be up to Grulg and Uglutz.

War Chieftains: I would just call this rank "The Chieftains." It may seem like a ridiculously minor change to make, but I think a more generic title like "The Chieftains" would fit better. "War Chieftains" makes it sound like Grulg and Ugluk are the chieftains only during a war, and thus it undermines their supreme authority.

Chieftain: I would change this rank's name to "Clan Elders." It denotes more experience and would fit into the hierarchy better.

Lord: This rank sounds far too much like something a human would come up with. I would call this rank "Elite Guards." It more accurately describes what their job entails and points to the enormous skills required to be a member of the rank.

Captains: Fine.

Grunts: Fine.

Guard: Change this to "Foreign Allies." It better conveys how Taurens and Trolls are seperate from Orcish culture.

Gruntees: I just don't like this name. It just doesn't sound very Orcish, and it just seems like it is weak and awkward. I would change it to "Peons." It may not have a better meaning, but at least it sounds better.

Peons: I would change this rank's name to "Snaga." It is a derogatory Orcish word that would show how fresh recruits are the lowest people on the Clan's hierarchy. Of course, the change would be purely for roleplay purposes and would not mean that recruits should be shown any less respect. No offense to any recruits! >:] Afterall, I'm only a gruntee myself.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. Take them or leave them, it is really a minor issue. Nonetheless, I've been gone for a while and I do need to pad my post number! >;]

PS: If anyone knows Orcish language equivalents for any of these, those would be great also!

Edited by Vidarok

Vidarok,

We have already completed the name changes, except for captain.

"Elder Nobs" was changed to "War Chieftains". The clan is always in a state of war, so they are still head of the clan. Also, "Elders" will be for the founders of the guild when they retire. Nobs was changed to Chieftains.

Gruntee has always been known as an orcish word for as long as I can remember. It shows weakness, that’s because they are the lowest of the orcish ranks, but they are still orcs and above any other race. Runtee is the insult version of Gruntee.

Guards are at the same level of Gruntee. Tauren and Trolls can only be guards (Lords in training) or Lords (the bodyguards to the War Chieftains).

Peon is the 2 week period for recruits. Peon is very very low.. Snaga means slave. No orc will ever be called a snaga again, the one doing so will be killed. We have been enslaved enough over the years by the humans.

In game, Cheiftain will most likely be said as Cheev’tun or something similar.

I know Grulg said the changes are finalized except for Captain, and I know we're trying to keep it simple for people, but these words are not hard to remember nor type.

These are just my suggestions, as I LOVE orcish roleplay: (These are names with black speech suffixes, and the apostrophes can be left out to make it easier.)

War Chieftains - Chiefob'uk (Chief of All)

Chieftain - Chief'hai (Great Chief)

Lord - Goth (BS for Lord)

Captain - Kritar (BS for Captain)

Grunts - Fine

Gruntee - Fine

Guards - Rogtar (BS for Guard, I was thinking Trustee, but there is no BS translation for trust. Guess orcs don't do a lot of that.)

Peon - Runt

We already use the BS word for slave: Snaga. I think this should be reserved for roleplay purpses, ex:

An orc defies a superior officer and is quickly rebuked "Snaga! Lat dayr dizobey me? Wadj latz tunge, ur id may suun be fownd missun."

Snaga should be a horrible label/insult, and if a higher officer calls you one, roleplay your disgust, yet be respectful of your elder. Never use the word unless refering to an enemy, or severely rebuking a very disobediant orc.

Edited by Glok'tur

When will gruntees become grunts or captains?

As to captains, any grunt can challenge any captain once a month. There will be an all out battle for that position (if that is possible in game). As to who will be the first captain, dunno.

The captain will be responsible for all the grunts under his command. If a grunt has a problem, he will go to his captain. It's the captains duty to either solve it himself or bring the matter to his Chieftain. I do not want every peon and gruntee bugging the war chieftains. I have seen that happen to many times in other guilds. There will be a strict chain of command that will be followed.

A lot of the details are still being worked out and we won't know the limits of each position and what each will be in charge of until we have a better understanding of the game mechanics. Also, the captain will plan dungeon crawls and the like. The War Chieftains will plan anything that involves battles with other guilds. The Chieftains will be advisors and handle other problems that will surely come up in the guild.

I am thinking of implementing and idea from shadowclan. Their drinkee fest. Where the battles can take place for captains. Where Uglutz could rile up the orcs into a preying frenzy to our orcish god. And of course since Blizz has alcohol in WoW, we can all get drunk and slug it out with each other as orcs would >:L

I suspect a lot of our customs and traditions will develop in game while we play. I just hope the 3d environment will work out okay. It won’t be like UO, where we can get a nice screenshot of 50 some orcs all together. But who knows, maybe the camera setup in UO allows you to zoom out like the EQ setup.

I am thinking of implementing and idea from shadowclan. Their drinkee fest. Where the battles can take place for captains. Where Uglutz could rile up the orcs into a preying frenzy to our orcish god. And of course since Blizz has alcohol in WoW, we can all get drunk and slug it out with each other as orcs would

That would be nice >:L

Who's the orcish god?

About section

"At first, the Skullcrusher Orc Clan was simply a rogue orc band, bent on destruction of any alliance settlement or village. Then, according to scholars, the warrior Uglutz had some sort of vision by the orc god Shakha. It is not exactly known what was seen in Uglutz’s vision. All attempts by our scholars to question Uglutz have been met with tremendous failure, and loss of life. The only thing about this vision that is known, is immediately following his message from Shakha, the blood god, Uglutz threw down his axe and then began to embrace the path of the shaman."