Warrior

Okay, all. I'm starting a warrior to play during the day, when Maester can't play with me, now that I've pretty much caught up to him in level. She's a human, named Aralena. Any tips, advice, or guidance? What disciplines do people recommend? How can she be most useful to the guild? How can she be the most fun to play? Anyone have and strong opinions here? I've never played a fighter type before, and don't really know what to do with her. The only real decisions I have made so far: I wanna wear heavy armor, and wield a sword. Can't use heavy armor with any of my other characters, so that's part of the reason to play her. It'll be a fun change to be all shiny. :smash: And, my character in AC who shared that name was a sword character. So, other than those, I'm open to suggestions.

Jas

Not sure about the heavy armor warrior.

I went light armor warrior with Blademaster discipline.....I do TONS of damage, but I wear a wet paper bag for armor.

the crusader/dwf/healer template that spl gave out is really working well for me at lvl 39 i have around 1400 def and about 800+ atr with damage around 98-241 if you want the template just tell me and i can email it to you.

I think it is best for a warrior to go with a sheild because I made a 2H minotaur and cyclops can do the same amount of damage with 1 axe and sheild than he can with more str and 2H. that way you can put up your sheild skill to block and your parry skill you will be very hard to kill.

how NOT to do things:

DO NOT dump a few points into dex to up your defense and attack rating unless using a dex based weapon

DO NOT use light/medium armor on a str based warrior

DO NOT neglect con

some people gotta learn the hard way, and those people have a responsibility to share their experience so that others wont have to :)

I have a question, Chris. I have a R1 H2h Warrior, he's got extremely high dex. When I hit level 10, and trained to be a warrior, I got absolutely nothing. No special abilities....no taunts, not even the heavy armor skill.

What am I missing here? Should I remake the character and try to level to 10 again? I was planning to give him Were-wolf and Gladiator Disciplines, which explains the warrior route.

Could someone confirm wether or not Gladiator gives unarmed mastery?

Much appreciated.

I think heavy armor skill doesnt come til level 15. If you didnt get your Challenge ability you should petition a CCR. I wouldnt recommend heavy armor if you're a dexer :)

Archived