MGA and DoA is no more.

Martok

Ok. Those of you that were in game found out what is going on with our nation. Some of you understand, others do not. Here is what is going on.

Mourning is a defacto Role Play server. Meaning, 90% of the guilds are based off of the lore of the game. MGA happened to be an ARAC guild, (All Races All Classes). There were about four large ARAC guilds around since the beginning of SB. We are the last one of those guilds left. The others were forced to either conform to RP guild aspects, or forced off of the server.

It is no secret the problems MGA was having lately. This server is EXTREMELY political. The other large guilds would not deal with us because of our ARAC stance. Therefore: MGA decided to conform.

MGA is going away. A new guild is replacing it: Fas Est. Fas Est will be taking control of Giant's Salvation. Here are the following changes to the NATION: Mino's , Confessors, Templar's, and Irekei will not be allowed to be in the nation.

Now....here is what will happen to our guild (Descendants of Ardan). Our guild charter is a Noble House charter (meaning it should be human's only). As it is nearly impossible to restrict everyone to a human character, we will be scrapping the DoA and starting a new subguild. This subguild is called The Legion of Honor, and is on a Military Legion charter.

Our rules will be the same as our nation's (Fas Est's) rules: No mino's, no confessors, no templars, no Irekei.

This was not an easy decision to make, and I know it will anger some of you. This will cause much heartache in the short term, but will be much better in the long term.

For those of you who wish to leave, Farewell, I wish you luck. I will be sorry to see you leave us.

For those that wish to stay and reroll new characters, there will be powerleveling services available to help you with your new character.

Some have asked where can they go to be in another ARAC guild. The answer is: Nowhere. We were the last one. You can start your own arac guild, but will likely have a hard time finding a nation to bind to. MGA will be subbed to Fas Est for those abandoned races/classes that do not wish to stay. I am not sure how long MGA will stay as a sub, or if it will stay for good. That has yet to be determined I believe.

Please feel free to post your questions. I realize this is a touchy subject.

The timeline for DoA to go away is about one to two weeks.

We will begin placing people on the Legion of Honor guild tomorrow evening.

We will also switch the city over then as well.

since I no longer have any rp reason to oppose you and since we're sorta guildmates (even tho not technically in the same sb guild), I'd be more than happy to help any/all of you level new characters (naturally I'd get clearance to enter your nation's land before coming there to hunt with you)

now if only they'd fix the leadership skill.....

Holy Crap. Well, i guess we are forced to follow the lore. Oh well, at least it was a mass amount of players.

What is our standing with Fast Est? So, What are you going to do with Savrem, Martok? Do you need powerlevelling? How much will we have to rebuild? The whole city? God, I hope not. Do the prices change because of certain things, like the price of church going services grow, but military stuff gets cheaper? Have you ever wondered what people thought when they saw wonder woman flying her invisible jet? --Houston we have a problem, a woman squating at 30000ft......

On the other hand, we'll have DEFINATE enemies and DEFINATE allies now.

What is our standing with Fast Est? So, What are you going to do with Savrem, Martok? Do you need powerlevelling? How much will we have to rebuild? The whole city? God, I hope not. Do the prices change because of certain things, like the price of church going services grow, but military stuff gets cheaper? Have you ever wondered what people thought when they saw wonder woman flying her invisible jet? --Houston we have a problem, a woman squating at 30000ft......

On the other hand, we'll have DEFINATE enemies and DEFINATE allies now.

All of that makes me want to hurt something.

But anyway, yeah. Count me in. Vens Bluesword-Aelfborn Scout. I guess Ardan is in the same spot and thats still our city?

I have to work soon, but yeah I'll get on tonight and head there.

Greetings ...

Yes, this was a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't waste time with actions either.

I liked Howarde and you all made him feel welcome in DoA, and I thank you all for that.

After last night's nation meeting I finally got back into the game after about

3 hours of attempts with login server and Mourning server itself.

I still have Howarde, but I rerolled one of my poorer choices and am building

a Dwarf Warrior named Barney Rubble. I like names that make people smile :D

It is a game after all, and I like to have fun and see others having fun.

Got Barney to level 10 and well into negative xp territory at the grobold king

camp last night. Promoted him to warrior this morning.

:D

So, I will appreciate PLing of both Nessos (my Centaur Druid) and Barney

whenever possible. The sooner the better so I can help PL the younguns too ;)

See y'all in game as Nessos & Barney ..

ye might see the ghost of Howarde wandering around occasionally as well

I suppose this is both a greetings and a farewell.

My regret is that I am leaving what seems to be a very mature and stable group that lacked the asinine "teen" chat that plagues this server. When my friend mentioned that Morning was a RP server I though we would get away from that crap. Actually the amount of non-RP is staggering. Very few people Say and Shout in character and I must admit that I was very joyed when I grouped with a Barb outside KC yesterday that was speaking in character. The fact is this server is very much NOT a RP server and that very fact is confirmed every time I see a toon with a stupid catch phrase name.

It looked like I killed guild chat when I mentioned that BotK would take Mino's. I am sorry for doing that but I wanted to make a point that many RP guilds are modifying and justifying the Lore of SB to include races and classes. Gromph (BotK) was giving me the full on press outside KC to join a couple hours before I swore Allegiance to DoA. Gromph explained that they RP that the Mino's in their guild have come back to server their Elf masters. I dare say the same can be done with the occasional Confessor and Templer, but not the Irekei. They just plain funny look'n. :D

Please note DBL (Dragon Blood Laundry) is an ARAC guild of five more members than DoA. CotD was a ARAC a week ago and might still be. There are ARAC guilds out there, some larger than DoA.

VA?!?!?! Why do they have a city near MGA/DoA? I have been in groups that have been ninja PK'd by TG and their current VA incarnation. In light of their continued actions, tolerating their city will only suffer the combined might of many nations when they are finally provoked to act.

While reading through the (live) conversations in GS last night I picked up on several alarming points.

1. New {MGA} guild is already friendly with guilds that were neutral/hostile to MGA.

A. This is window dressing at best to gain allies.

2. RPing will allow for access to R4 mobs.

A. If you are truely RPing than a ideolgically opposed guild is not going to allow you access to their R4 mobs.

3. Specific character templates for power leveling so that you character can best benifit the guild (wish I had a direct quote of Tygrt but that is close to dead on).

A. Your character is no longer YOUR character. You will be given direction to specific traits that will be highly recommended that you possess. This in essance takes the individuality out of the individual.

4. Weekly PvP and power leveling/money gathering.

A. PvP practice is a good thing. Too much of it only leads to your soldiers clamoring for war. We are not the Romans, we will not be building roads.

B. Power leveling.... let the arms race beging. Now it will factor down to who has the most R6 characters in their guild. Then the subsequent

threats of unleashing an R6 rampage to conduct diplomacy at the end of a sword.

As I see it, you have a community's needs verses the political, ecconomical and territoral ambitions of a select few. Given that in /GU last night this announcement of MGA change seemed a shock to DoA's leadership, I can only assume sub-guilds were not parlayed with about this change durring the decision process. I understand DoA's resignation to, (as Steve Ballmer stated as he referred to Microsoft's early relationship to IBM) ride the bear, "it will buck you and try to throw you but you just have to hang on." My question: is this the bear you really want to be holding on to (refer to VA question above before answering)?

Savrem is no longer :laugh:

Talshiar is my next highest character. He is able to do some PLing. He just hit R4.

I have some other characters that I will try to level up as time permits.

VA?!?!?! Why do they have a city near MGA/DoA? I have been in groups that have been ninja PK'd by TG and their current VA incarnation. In light of their continued actions, tolerating their city will only suffer the combined might of many nations when they are finally provoked to act.

I don't think they will be there for long.

As far as CoTD, they are no longer ARAC either. And their city is nearly destroyed.

BoTK is taking lots of crap for allowing mino's in currently.

BoS has offered to take those that wish to leave MGA. I don't forsee them being around for long either.

Guest Pantagruel

It's incredible to see how people can see themselves as important, powerfull and accomplished through a game.

Game.... game... game...

The game is not about levelling, it'S about wars between nations and cities. What a failure in game design to let diplomacy and pseudo-roleplay take precedence over the fight. At least, I now appreciate Denied who had the courage to die fighting against MGA instead of hiding behind diplomacy. We now see that those leading MGA were in fact cowards as they are now faced with the same treats and retreat in a diplomatic situation. It was starting to look interesting as we would have seen the true power of our cities. What a bunch of loosers to protect their little virtual empire by spoiling thousands of people's gaming time.

I say we should leave them, go elsewhere where openminded people play.

Pantagruel

Looks like politicians are politicians whether in real-life or role-play!

I've spent too much time bringing IronTaur Midalis to where he is right now, which means I'll be going elsewhere where I can play with my friends who like me are not human...

This really pisses me off !

:laugh:

Savrem is still the guild leader, just not going to be that toon anymore. We are working on the new guild now, just need to redo the guild crest and then move people over.

Well, that was quick.. Barney Rubble just died ;-(

Already got feedback from guild that this name may not be acceptable,

so instead of quibbling.. Barney is no more .

Replacing Barney is his clone....

"Hakemal Tapieces" ..... (any objections before I get this guy to 40?)

Hakemal will be every bit the dwarf that Barney was.

(I still think he looks more like a Barney though :D )

So, my two Mourning toons I am planning to guild and keep in guild are

Nessos and Hakemal

See y'all soon (assuming login and world servers stay up)

:D

Howarde,

You probably would have been able to get away with the Barney guy, but to be on the safe side, when we go full RP, Barney Rubble would most likely have not been acceptable. It is also a copyrighted name, but I doubt anything would happen because of that *shrug*. :D:D

*cries* can someone please find my noob character in game whenever they are on? I'm Lann Allenon and a lvl 10 Ranger already but everytime I died some A@*&hole loots all my coin! Anyone going to be on tonight?

huh, what do you mean humans only? Since when Matrim? We are a military legion now. We allow ALL except for Minos, Irekei, Templars, Confessors, and thieves. We had to switch since DoA would have been Humans only if we followed the lore. But TVG is a Military Legion now which allows for all except Minos, Irekei, Templars, Confessors, and thieves.

:smash:

Archived