Ultima - X

this was just posted to the stratics boards uo.u hall According to several reports on our U.Hall Forum from the players, the latest issue of GMR Magazine (found at your local Electronics Boutique) has the following quote in their June 2003 Issue on Page 21, written by Jeff Green of Computer Gaming World: "The really exciting news this month should be going public as you read this. For over a year now, Origin has been quietly woodshedding

Ultima-X its new MMORPG. And it's going to surprise you. I can't say anything just yet except maybe three quick words: Unreal Warfare engine. Watch this one. EA surprised everyone when Battlefield 1942 showed up out of nowhere last year. They may do it again."

No official comment from anyone at OSI or EA at this time, but if we hear anything more you can trust that you'll read about it in our news. A special note of thanks to BORED for bringing this to everyone's attention.

*Laughs* The following is a JOKE regarding the possible new UO=X

This just added to uo.com:

We're proud to announce the next generation of Ultima online, titled Ultima-X. We've been working long and hard on this project, for the past three months, and feel that it will indeed take Ultima to the next level.

We're still in early building stages, but soon hope to have a functional alpha client ready for some testing. That is where you come in. Do you want to test our alpha client? Do you think you have what it takes to help us mold Ultima for the future? If so then you'll be glad to hear this.

There are three levels of membership available to you:

- For 29.95 you gain acccess to the Ultima-X website, where you can read infrequent updates, see out of date screenshots and talk with the Devs (they promise to reply once a month). When the game goes live you'll have a special code emailed to you that gives you access to a cape that will only be available through this offer.

- For $99.95 you will not only gain access to the website, but you'll be mailed an Alpha CD* ($19.95 S&H) which will allow you to assist us mold the game.

- For $299.95 You get both website access, the Alpha CD, and a character with 85 in five skills of your choice, plus a special phone message from Dawn on your answering machine!

Join the wave of the future, fly Ultima-X!

* Account codes cost extra.

I really hope there is no Ultima-X.

I think the whole thing sounds like a bad writers joke.

Let's be honest here folks, the couldn't even release AoS without a ton of bugs. Do you really think they can release anything based on a 3D engine that won't get the worst reviews ever?

But hey, we can fantasize.

Ultima - X:The Mutants Invade

Use your valorite claws to slash through the hordes.

Use your mental mutations to seek out your allies and enemies

Use your power of the weather to destroy your enemy with a fierce storm.

*small print* this release may not be available on Mugen or Siege for 1-2 years after inital release to the public shards.

if it's a joke i will kill whoever came up with it :)

if it's a UO expansion pack I will kill the dev team :p

if it's a whole new game of the sort "UO2" was going to be.... I WILL KILL EVERY 3D MONGBAT THAT EVER SPAWNED!!! MUHAHAHA! :)

Its not a joke. The most talented Devs of OSI have not been linked to a single UO project for over a year, yet they are still there. Obviously they have been hard at work on something :)

Winter: Dont worry about that. The problem they are running into with UO nowadays is that its just soooo old. Everything they add has to go thru 3-4 times the crap as it did 5 years ago. The servers are grinding thru so much more data now, yet its still doing it the same way it did at the start. Only thing thats changed is better hardware, but they cant change the base design of the game, which is now outdated for what they want it to do.

The one thing I know is this ... If they come out with a UO that stays true to the principles UO was founded on (skill based, TONS of tradeskills) and are able to add a 3rd or 4th generation graphics system, fix PvP, and add at least 5-6 races t choose from, if not more, count me in as preordering and loving it!

Only time will tell.

No wonder UO is so bug ridden. Let's forget all of our paying members for Uo and focus our talent on this new game and hope they like it because they will all have pulled out their hair trying to play UO through all the bugs and lag. I hope it comes with a wig for preordering, or maybe a free visit to the Bosley Medical Center!