Merchant Upgrades Continue

Martok

Colin has so graciously volunteered to keep track of all of the city maint costs. (he likes being the bookworm)

Lets see how much we can confuse him during the next few weeks. I am going to make it an effort to keep our merchants constantly upgrading. Would like to see some R7 merchants in Ardan before too long.

Next forge that we place we need to decide whether we want light/heavy armor or axe/dagger merchants.

Its up to you! Let me know what you think!

I understand the idea of creating revenue as fast as possible, but I am a bit apprehensive to leave our Tree of life open to the wilderness. Are we creating enough revenue at the moment to justify expansion of our merchants? or perhaps we should protect what we have first then expand?

Tactically speaking, overtaking a Tree so close to Giants Salvation is certainly a temptation someone might partake in. All they need is backing(gold) to take a city fast, a little luck, and a little time.

As being part rat, I don't like being in the open........

---Veironymous Mange

My thought is Forge for Axe and Dagger vendors.

Axes (aplenty off the Punker Giants)

Daggers (Vankor and his assassin brethren need a vendor)

Punker Giants (PG) are the shrine spot that we as a guild easily are able to harvest gold, maces and axes at........those giants are techno colored punkrockerlooking spawn very quickly.

A note to members.....vendors are a neat facet to the game/guild/city functions because we can SMELT everything they BUY (Junk) from players and the system gains the forge the system value of the item....which is usually double what they pay the players for. It is this usage of the vendors within a city that is the fuel for the buildings maintenance itself......if we dont have enough usage then.....donations from guild need to cover the maintenance fees. (See Maintenance Taxation Thread)

I have found that the one thing I enjoy about Shadowbane is the fact that individual wealth is basically useless and pooling all gold into a city or Nation provides the player ultimately what they need....trainers/security/travel/options. Training pts and Repairing are the only individual need there is. The amount of training costs is related directly with your level......try to train over your level and its UNGODLY expensive and not smart to do.....make one level more and a skill cost can change from 10kgold to 50gold for one point. Repairs are also cheaper the higher the vendor repairer is......so again here comes the good of the many again........something I totally am supportive of.

So.....the city is a fun ambitious endeavor that will only make all of us stronger in the long run. Using the Capital city for our training and vendor sales/purchases as well as our own lil city for sales/purchases.

(FYI a level 7 trainer building like all in GS.......costs over 1 million a week to maintain.....we all need to realize Ardan's city limits and at the same time support BOTH city economys the best we can ARDAN and GIANTS SALVATION)

Man......I did just get rambling didnt I........hehehe opps sorry

I vote for Dagger and Axe .....heheh :D

We have not forgotten about city defenses. The fact is, we are just not a wealthy enough guild or numerous enough to generate the capital gold funds needed to pay for such an undertaking at this time. The initial purchase is steep enough, but the maintenance would destroy us. In time we will be a fortified city.

So long as the number of buildings is low enough for the tree of life to protect them walls arent a huge issue. If someone were to drop a bane on your tree you could have walls up within 12 hours and banes seem to take a really long time to go active so by that time the parties responsible would have probably payed a high price for their actions.

On a side note, Im hearing things about the different versions of each vendor type (lizardman, centaur, irekei, etc) providing different enchantment types on the items they produce. Anyone interested in helping figure out what each does? So far what I know is that Gwennaden or whatever the heck they're called make the best tailors, and Im guessing dwarves wouldnt be such good bowyers.

I have been wondering the same thing Chris!!! I KNEW there MUST be a reason for different vendor races!!!

I shall try to look into this as well!

FYI TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT CST 1million 879,625 gold is due for city of Ardan maintenance.

As of this moment liquid City Treasury funds total are at 1 million 255,752 gold.

Puchasing of the 3rd Forge (Axe/Dagger) is 500,000 gold

OUR GOLD GOAL for donations today is then 1 million 755,753 gold (heheh 1 gold to spare)

Aye.......I have seen it with my own eyes.

Us priesty types like a good taunting and tough old tank in the group.

Given those Elves seem to be highly equiped with armor etc........I am sure with a couple of summoners we would be able to raise quite alot of funds for the upgrading project.

FYI Prelates for MGA will be finding the trainer based out of ARDAN!!!! We will have the destination for the MGA Prelates.........whoo hooo

Archived