I am seeing something that doesnt sit well

Linda

I probably know I will end up being flamed or threats of criminal charges brought up on me, but I have to say this.

I don't like the fact that the vote totals are seen by everyone. I don't like the fact that someone can register a new name to vote more than once to "stuff the ballot box". I don't like the fact that this rumor is floating around. I don't like that I am reading people publically wishing to change their votes.

I believe that this public vote needs to be null and void and that voting starts over again, in game, with a ballot box. I believe this is only fair and just for all three candidates and will eliminate the ability to "stuff the ballot box".

The problem with an in game ballot box is that anybody can come along and vote. Just like here.

I understand some feel that the system of voting we have here isn't 100% fair.

Regretably this is the best system we have.

*edit* the voting ends today by the way.

I understand your view on wanting to null out the votes and move it to an in game ballot box.

Regretably, I must take a stand against that.

It was my big mouth that started all this voting to begin with.

We are having our say on who our leaders will be.

It was agreed at the meeting that this forum is how the leaders would be choosen.

I know there has been some confusion. Votes changed in posts. People accidentaly using the "Null Vote" just to see the results.

We are making progress here folks.

Just trying to keep the controveries to a minimum.

Please don't start a flame war here. Valid points are always accepted.

Edited by Winter Wind

I understand the concern, but have no worries. The only people that have signed up for the boards in the last week are either 'awaiting authorization' or are members from SB and EQ. Not saying that its a perfect system, but its the easiest option to use with everyone having varying play-times and such.

To Null And void this vote at this point would just add another destructive week in the History of the PGoH. Where we would undoubtedly lose more treasured members and have more hurt feelings all around.

All three candidates are more than qualified and Having any of themm will be a blessing to a guild that has had its share of turmoil through the past week.

I for one am going to stand behind whomever is voted in tonight and battle side by side with them into this new age.

Strength And Honor!!!

I have expected a controversey over this vote. I could sense its coming since its inception.

The change of vote has been ruled on. I feel the ruling was fair. It only makes it more difficult for any to catch up because it stays with the original candidate unless a tie occurs. To have enulled Thiorks vote in total woud've had made the vote, at the time, 13-14 dropping Logan by one. To accept it would have tied the vote. None of this woudve been fair to Logan and discounting Thiork totally woudve been unfair to him.(We also needed a tie beaker to prevent controversy).

As far as the "cheating" aspect is concerned. If it is happening, at this point nothing can be done. This was always a possibility and if the vote means as much as that to someone...then it means more to them than to me.

Simply put, I have stated that all 3 competitors were nominated for the post. No one pursued it. I believe in my heart none of these 3 would make any moves to alter the voting. I have faith in all whom are nominated to hold the post with HONOR.

On one last note, I invite all 35 (at the time of this post) members whom have voted to attend our next few events. I dont believe weve ever had such a crowd. Would be a event to see!

Strength and Honor

Edited by Steel DarKnight

As will I Akroma, Im not saying one or the other is more suitable, in fact I know all the nominees and you are correct, thay are all well-qualified. My concern is the fairness of the vote. If anyone is dead set on having a certain nominee in office, then it is very easy to get that done. And certain things have happened in the las t day that lead me to believe that MIGHT have occured. But Winter is correct, there is no perfect system yet. I was just venting I suppose, please dont shoot me, I may accidently cast one you in a hunt!!! Just Kidding, thanks to Steel's battle post, that wont occur again ( Sorry Prom) ;)

I have expected a controversey over this vote. I could sense its coming since its inception.

The change of vote has been ruled on. I feel the ruling was fair. It only makes it more difficult for any to catch up because it stays with the original candidate unless a tie occurs. To have enulled Thiorks vote in total woud've had made the vote, at the time, 13-14 dropping Logan by one. To accept it would have tied the vote. None of this woudve been fair to Logan and discounting Thiork totally woudve been unfair to him.(We also needed a tie beaker to prevent controversy).

As far as the "cheating" aspect is concerned. If it is happening, at this point nothing can be done. This was always a possibility and if the vote means as much as that to someone...then it means more to them than to me.

Simply put, I have stated that all 3 competitors were nominated for the post. No one pursued it. I believe in my heart none of these 3 would make any moves to alter the voting. I have faith in all whom are nominated to hold the post with HONOR.

On one last note, I invite all 35 (at the time of this post) members whom have voted to attend our next few events. I dont believe weve ever had such a crowd. Would be a event to see!

Strength and Honor

*mod* ooops *kicks comp*

Edited by Steel DarKnight

I understand the concerns you have Lukkan. I too share many of your concerns but as Winter said after long conversations last Sunday this was the method agreed upon.

As for Fairness of vote, hmm the only true way to get an honest vote is to have everyone show up at olympus and vote in person.

My main concern is just how detrimental it is at this point to question the Honesty of our members and the candidates who have been involved in this vote.

I want to believe with all my heart that nothing dishonest has been done.

And on a less serious note at least the vote isn't being held in Florida!! Hehe