Message for Doddz

====

Recieved via ICQ Mass Q: 6:10 PM EST

====

Doddz (03:10 PM) : *mass* To All my PGoH Guildmates and Friends., After alot of thinking, This Friday (28th), Im Donning my old English Army TA Uniform, And im going to IRAQ, I dont know how long ill be gone, But hopefully it wont be too long, Im not in anyway being drafted, Its my own choice to go and fight along side my Country, Im not going until Friday, but i wont be on much until then as ill be saying goodbyes to friends and family, I hope to see you all when i return. Your friend Simon (Doddz)

====

I am sure I speak for everyone in PGoH in that we send all of our grace, might, courage, and convictions with Doddz as he embarks on this journey of HONOR. Know in your heart that you do not travel alone and that your efforts will not be without success.

A true Guardian walks amoung us.. and we will see you again -friend.

====

God's speed my friend.

I have been there before. I know what lies ahead for you. You will be in our thoughts and hearts. You walk with honor and you shall return with pride.

Never forget that there are people at home and aborad thinking of you and praying for your safe return.

As I already told you personally, you will be in the nightly prayers with my daughter. Be well my friend and come home to us as soon as you can. Best of luck and Godspeed, Doddz/Simon !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doddz same as I said before, God bless and keep you safe till you return home. We will miss you greatly, and look forward to when you will join us again. Keep planning for Whiskey, and like Lora I want a phone call too when you get home

:p <~~ Doddz

^Saddam

PS..You would have to go show the "bloody Yanks" how to do it eh?

Take care and stay in touch if you can. Let us know where we can get a letter to you when you get there if possible.

I give you my best wishes, my respect, and my support. If you need anything like refreshing house or whatever, im hapy to help. Good luck, and go kick some major tails. You are in my prayers, my thoughts, and my utmost regard for your courage and bravery. I was going to, but havent finished my senior year and cannot enlist. Give em one for me, and come back safely. Safe Journeys and Good Luck Simon, and come back soon.

:p

Strength and HONOR to you my friend! You will be sorely missed till you return home. You have become a great mentor and someone that i will miss having around for a while. You I know will do not only your country proud but ours as well! Godspeed and be well my friend in your duty that you now go to do. I will keep you in my prayers Simon as will my family, as I do all my friends that now are there or on their way. Can't help but say "Go kick some butt!" BUT, return home to us safely and in one piece. We will rejoice when you return.

Strength and HONOR Brother!

Christine

It is good to see that words like honor and valor are not simply things we speak about in a game, but something each and every one of us lives by. Simon has bravely taken this point to the front, and represents us all in heart and spirit. Humanity must be protected on all fronts, no matter how dangerous, and he understands that. May God protect and keep you in good health through the days and maybe even months to come, and in the name of Honor, both virtual and real, may you strike a stunning blow against the hand of tyranny.

~Jason (Triston)

I have a few more bits of advice as well.

1) No matter how uncomfortable it may be, try to sleep with your flak jacket on.

2) Make sure you know all your tentmates and the watchmen during your sleep time.

3) Carry a pack of wet wipes, they are the substitute for showers when your in desert....

4) No matter how hot it is, wear at least two pairs of socks. Sand can cause blisters so easily....

These are just a few things i can think of, and its not always a good idea to warn the enemy when youre about to attack, considering the kinds of tricks and evil they are willing to pull. Once more, I will fervently pray, hope, and give you my best wishes, luck, and the hopes that you will have as safe journeys as possible.

I think that while a small sample, the thoughts expressed here show how much we all value the courage and convictions of those that put themselves in harms way to protect the ideals and freedoms of us all.

Simon, may the road you travel see you safely home.

Blessings and prayers my friend.

The special intention at mass at my church is for all the troops over there, and for me it is especially for you and my best friend who is in the U.S. Army's 82nd air borne infantry and may soon be joining you over there.

God bless you all, and see you when you return.

Strength and Honor, and forever more... Faith in life.

Doddz,

May the good Lord watch over you in this time of crisis. As you can plainly tell the prayers and hopes of many follow you onward. Included in those are mine. You strive for what may be the most noble cause, the liberation of a people you have never met.

Godspeed Doddz. Godspeed.

Thank you all very much for your kind words, They really do mean alot.

Right now its 0046 and im waiting, the airbase is about an hour drive, im to be there at 0500.

As for what im doing over there? Ive got no idea, Im not in the Army, Navy or anything, Im a TA (Territorial Army), The only thing I seemed ot have made out is that im in a large force taking over the Desert Rats outside Basra, And could be for as little as 7 days, But ill have to wait and see, My Route is Ill Leave RAF Benson at 0530 For Calais, France. From There ill go to Qatar, Qatar to Kuwait, Then Airlifted to South of Basra.

Id be lying if I said I wasnt scared, I am, But its something I want to do, I know ill be ok, Well Fingers crossed.

I want you all to know, Incase the worst Happens, Your all a great bunch of people, and people im glad to call friends. All of you Take Care.

I know i will be :p

Ill see you all when I get home...

Simon.