Third Dawn

Kalinaf

I have it and installed it but everytime I tried to log in with it, it crashed my entire system.  Not sure if this is video card related or memory related.  Anyone else experience a problem like this or have any tips?

I have it but need a good video card still...hehehe

Is the PROPHET 64MB AGP Card a good one to get?

149 bucks.....want to hang in that area for price

anyone have inside connections?

would love the mega best I could get

Quote from Borg, posted on

would love the mega best I could get

"Mega Best" you can get? Better say for how much.....

If money is no object, go Geforce 3.

If you want a decent card at a resonable price, Geforce 2 Ultra or Geforce 2 Pro work nicely....

If you want to be cheap :D you go for a Geforce 2 MX 200, 400, or just plain MX.... Or possibly even a Radon. I have no idea what your Prophet has for a chip in it.....

Always keep in mind you should never look at the card's actual name or who makes it, but what chipset it has on the inside. ICQ me if you got questions.. I think BB went with my advice and bought a Asus 8800 or something with a Geforce 3 and has been happy ever since.. however Martok who DIDN'T take my advice *cackles* is not so happy with his purchase. :D

Quote from Coldren,

.. however Martok who DIDN'T take my advice *cackles* is not so happy with his purchase.

I am quite happy with my video card.  :smash:

Quote from Coldren, posted on

If money is no object, go Geforce 3.

Yup! Except for me money is a problem.. soo.. I'll wait for GeForce 4 and then buy the GeForce 3. Right now I am trying to get enough money to buy myself a 512mb DDR chip.

Quote from Wolf, posted on

Why does my system keep crashing when I run it???

My initial response would be: Are you running Windows?  But as of Late I've noticed this is a moot point...

My next question would be: Are you running on anything LESS than 3 times the OS/system " minimum requirements"? I don't care what they put on that box for the bare minimum, you won't like it running at anything less than 3 times taht amount.. so if it says 64, better go with 256. If it says 200mhz, get a 600 or up.

Do you have more than 2 icons (5 max) in the system tray? If so, close them.. Never have anything more than you absolutely NEED running on a windows system. Make sure you eliminate them from start menu also.. Realplayer? Don't need it. MS OFFICE taskbar? Don't need it. Task Scheduler? Don't need it unless you want Defrag or virus checks running at regular intervuls.

I know you do a lot of image work. This says to me yer cache and temp files are probably overflowing.. first go to any TEMP folder in your computer and clear out everything you can (I.E, C:\Temp, C:\Windows\Temp, C:\Windows\system\temp), and then run whatever system matience tools you can (Defrag, Scandisk, DiskCleanup). This will take the better part of the day to do, but it's something that needs to be done.

And finally, go to your video card company's website and check to be certain you have the ABSOLUTE LATEST drivers for your video card.

Hope this helps ya.