We came we saw we conquered

And then the little bottom feeding scum of the shard popped in and looted the Dark Father.

Aside from that I can say I had a good time deaths and all. I certainly filled British's or Dawns or whoever rules Brit these days coffers with insurance. GIven that fact and the rediculous way loot is distributed (allowing for bottom feeders to take what so many toiled for) it is doubtful I will be visiting any more Doom Champions.

Anyway........

To those PGoH that showed good job. We may have nothing to show for it but at least we can walk away knowing we felled a Dark Father.

Indeed, crappy loot. I am going to GM my thief, buy a power scroll, and get rares. This time the Demon Killing went a lot better than my first time there. First time I died once, this time.. didn't die once. *pets his speedy llama*

My Take on Last Nights Fun

Was that we walked in not knowing what to expect.... Thus like any good guild we got blindsided , we all had many honorable deaths

Few things we need work on

communication during an event like this *make sure all are in party*

Make sure Ress the fallen

Then make sure that Mages stay with one another

The Melee with out archery work spawn

Bards Aslo work spawn

Melee with archery attack the dark father

It was our first time we didnt work as team, and thus in the end as BB said the other two that were there helped themselfs to the loot due to fact we didnt work as a team...

I can almost assure you next time will also have its problems but they will be fewer as we learn to work more and more as a team

For me i had great time with guild mates

And for any of those i didnt listen to i a apologzie

But i am proud that we did it as a guild and look forward to the next hunt with you all there

Lora

We also need some members to work on their "not luring monsters", I had pulled one of the dark fathers into one room alone, where me and BB fought it, then q'd the rest of the group to come to the same room so we could all fight it, but then as everyone came more of the champs did, I ran about saying who let them in, as i ran down and lured the other 2 out, and few minutes later, i did see a member of our group coming bakc to the room, with 2 champs close behind him/her, im not sure if they thought we wanted them in there, but it looked to me as tohugh he/she was luring them, either that or just trying to get away, im not moaning at anyone, I just thinki everyone should work on the luring 1 into one of the sections and fighting it alone, than dragging the others in also :smash:

I concur with Lora

On communication:

All people need to be partied. In the even of multiple parties people from both parties MUST be logged into the UOAM server and use the chat there so we can coordinate. Anyone who can run UOAM at all times should anyway. It beats the hell outta ICQ for communication as you dont need to open windows to get messages.

On working the spawn, who should do what:

Mages: Coordinate attacks and EQ together EQ does 100 a pop. After mana dumping mages should all retreat to a safe corner and med to full. Balandar had his wisp with him which regens mana of all in his party extremely fast. What this means is if there is a necro he should be partied with the mages and mages only if there is only room for such (since we are limited to parties of 10)

Pure Melee (read no archery): Your job is to handle the spawn. Cross heal with one another make the spawn come to you by dbl clicking. Keep them off mages.

Melee with archery: Get that bow out and shoot the Father.

Bards: Handle the spawn. You are our greatest asset in controling this madness so the melee can then chop down the spawn while they are occupied with one another and not us.

Tamers: Handle the spawn if you have a pet there.

Ressing: A res point will be set up. This point should be manned by one dedicated healer for 5 minute periods. After 5 minutes expires the Romp leader will call out another healer and they will take over as dedicated healer for 5 minutes. This spot will never be unmanned. All ghosts must go to this point.

Getting the newly ressed people to their bodies. One mage will be dedicated to helping get the newly ressed to their bodies and invised. He may help in damaging the Father but his main priority is to get the dead to their bodies safely. If this means he is limited to EVing the spawn while he does this and not touching the Father then so be it.

I hope most people can agree with these roles. Sure some roles will not have the glamor of others but to suceed we need to work as a single unit. If we fail it is as a group, if we succeed it is as a group. I dont want to hear any people casting blame on any others from this point about people not ressing or performing their role. Things are clearly defined here. Eventually things will go right for us and the artifacts needed to become more than the norm will find thier way into guild hands.

Again, I regret I could not attend. Ser Brightblade, I like the plan you have devised. People will utilise their best skill in the role it best serves.

If it is a group event, every position is just as important as the next. The glamor and glory comes from reaching the final goal as a team.

All I can say is that during this one, UOAM was a god send. I could instantly find lora and BB when they died by a glance at the UOAM map.

The only other thing I can add to what BB said is to keep the all father centered in the room. If he runs off to a corner, drag his ugly butt back to the middle. I hate casting EQ to have him run off someplace and my EQ wasted.

Also, on the dedicated healer. It would be great if we had a GM hider with GM healing.

I like the plan and hope we can go again and work on it. My main problem is I can't keep the bars on the screen. Seems that every time I get in a big party someone is having conn problems and my bars just got to crap. I've tried lining up different ways and nothing seems to help so if anyone has a solution to this please let me know. I'd also use the chat on uoam but I don't know the server and have never really used it before.

This was a great event, a lot of fun. While there was a certain lack of communication, we could have done a lot worse. One thing I was thinking about the whole time and trying to ask the party was why weren't the spawn being turned on the father, rather than eachother? Is he too big to turn things against? If we turned all those lich lords on him it would save us a lot of hp from all their flamestrikes being used on us and we wouldn't have to worry about dispatching them, as the father would do it for us.

I completely agree that the mages should stick together. If we could cast our summons together, all at once, they would do more damage as the father focuses on one at a time to dispell. I would also reccommend casting energy wall in front just before we cast eq, that way he can't do that mad dash right toward us. Energy wall can be good for cornering him as well and keeping him put while we cast away.

As for pets. make sure you bring them with you to cross the ferry, can't be summoned when you get across (as I quickly found out, hope I'm not the only one that didn't know) and also that means binding braces don't work either (which I tried).

Cheblis (who needs to kill some daemons to make up for the ones he summoned :smash:

The message I got when trying to provo stuff onto the father was "he does not seem interested in attacking that"

I think that message means no matter how go your are you can't provo that type of creature onto the father.

--Valshea