House of Espionage

Chris

Well, we all know basically what the House of Espionage is supposed to be in an RP sense, but what I've been trying to come up with over the past year or so is how it all works OOC with all the game mechanics,  rules of conduct, etc.  The name implies functions of spying and sabotage, but I've yet to figure out how to actually do these things in service to the empire without destroying the guilds reputation both IC and OOC in the process.  To make matters worse, there's the issue of who the house would have to target now that we're no longer at war with anybody (for purposes of this discussion wars against NPCs like Lord Blackthorn and such dont count since they cant exactly be infiltrated).

The only activity I've seen discussed regarding the House of Espionage that can and will be effectively used in service to the empire is the task of picking locks on treasure chests found by treasure hunters and fishermen.  While I agree that lockpicking is a good skill for someone interested in espionage, if that's all we do to fit the title are we really any more than just glorified locksmiths?  

:eye:

The Espionage units........there are many titles within this house.......some undead, some mischevious, some benign and some malevolent.......but the number one thing about most Espionage units is their title is OFF.

In Felucca they do what thieves/brigands do.......

In Trammel now they are hindered by rulesets aye....

In Ilshenar now they are hindered by rulesets aye....

In Malas........well ESPIONAGE UNITS WILL DEFINETLY BE NEEDED....even to the point of being HIRED by other players for help in Dungeon crawls!!!

PKs do not exist in The Honor Empire.......Assassins do (they have a purpose and a clear mission when activated)

Bottom line is Loot is not an Assassins agenda .....Loot is a PKs agenda.

Some of the Titles of Espionage House....*some titles on some off*

Senator of Espionage

Legate of Thieves

Legate of Treasure

Legate of Salvage

Archeologist (Cartographer who could also disarm traps)

Treasure Hunter (Map digger)

Salvage (Sunken Sea Chests Fisherman)

Safe Cracker (Lockpick)

Demoliton Expert (One who disarms  traps or blows things up)

Torturer (Craftsman who makes torture devices)

Executioner

Assassin

Henchman

Witch/WitchDoctor/Madman

Espoinage Agent

Spy

Rogue

Thief

Necromancer (this group also will be a cohort and new titles determined with the origional units)

Vampires/Werewolfs

......more later to come.

On the matter of who determines WAR targets?.......Espionage is used for building up a foundation for such arguments but it is the War Oversight Committee Senator of Espionage, Senator of War and Praetorian Prefect)that decides to send the motion to the Emperor and Floor of the Council of Honor.

I'll be honest when I say I've already got my eye on the PGoH Navy.  And I believe the Navy and Espionage should and could work very cloesly together. :D  So, yes I am more than willing to help, and am looking into maybe putting most if not all of my characters into the empire.  I have played with PGoH for 3 years as a friend, and now that I have actually joined I really like it.

Any help my experience gained from the last 3 years of playing with a large variety of large RP guilds can offer you, I will give.