Guild chat in game!

Lord Ser Brightblade

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok I ran across this post on the UO boards today:

So looking at your legal 3rd party programs you will see that setting up a UOAM server allows you to send "tells" to everyone connected to it, its like -text or something.

That is your only other option next to getting something like msn message program.

-

Malas:

n.

Britannian for Urban Sprawl

So now my question is.  Has anyone ever done this?  Anyone wanna host a dedicated 24h 7 day a week UOAM Server?  Finally, would people use it.

• 1 month later...

another good voice chat program can be found at:

http://www.gamevoice.com/Download/gamevoiceshare.asp

I found this one very easy to use.  It may be a good idea to run a comparison between gamevoice and roger wilco as to how many people a server can accomodate, ease of use, and quality

:alcoholic:

Kentaro

There  is another  thrid party program, called Rodger Wilco.

It is seperate from UO, and just uses the your mike and speakers. This is audio, not typing. Perhaps this should be reviewed, for possible use.

I think using an audio communication method would be bad simply because to communicate we would have to chew up some mad bandwidth!   UOAM would be easier (probably a little slower to type it out, but wouldn't cause severe lag in say champion spawns.   ;) )

As to having used it, my friends and I used to use

--messaging all the time.  It worked pretty well, all 5 of us could see where each other were and send messages.  Also if someone died or needed help in some other way, desperately, we didn't have to keep asking "Ok, what area are you in?  Where?   Where at now??"

On another note, though, you must have UOA for the --msgs to work.   Though, even with an UNREGISTERED UOA these functions STILL WORK as it just something added in to compliment UOAM.

Some useful functions:

-find playername   (focuses map around that player..or yourself if you use your name.)

-panic  (use once to go into panic mode, all other players have lines drawn from them to you on the map and the map blinks.  Use again to end panic, I believe)

--Text  (send message to all AM users)

I'm sure there are some others I can't remember.  Anyway, back to my hobbies.   :sleep:   :sword:

• 3 weeks later...

I've used it before... it's really quite handy... It even tracks the guildmates in the map.... But the thing about it people are so insecure about their IP, they act like with an IP someone can actually root you, which is rather funny. But anyhow... if noone serves... i will... as long as you guys don't gang up on me... with 100+ at a time \-: (bandwidth drainer... bleh)

Speed: 1.5mbps/128k ADSL