Server transfer?

Martok

As most of you know, the WvW queues are terrible; often several hours long. Unfortunately, one of the largest guilds and and alliances rolled on our server. We should consider the option of a server transfer if it's offered for free to a lower population server. Thoughts?

As long as everyone can move im up for it. I actually think it is as simple as selection world selection on the character select screen and then choosing a world and hitting the transfer button. The issue is the question of if then can only be done once or not.

I had one of the best times in WvW/RvR last night. I do not want to move to a server that has a pathetic WvW community. I want to see if ArenaNet increases the population for WvW or makes any changes for queue times. They have overflow servers for PVE, not sure why they didn't think of that for WvW. Any idea how long server transfers will be free?

Also, the queues will likely be gone in a few weeks.

Looks like most servers are having WvW queue issues. Check out reddit

Edit: It's a 100 player limit per map! There are 4 maps, so only 400 people can be in WvW at a time. No wonder why. There's a post asking if anyone has instant WvW access. Nobody does.

I had fun in WvW, but how fun is it if we only get in once every few days? I'll hold off for now...but if it doesn't improve in a few weeks the topic should be revisited.

All servers have queues at the moment. I hope they make this a priority at some point. WvW is a huge part of their game.

WvW queues will kill this game faster than Georg killed SWTOR

seriously though, I wanted to play World PvP so badly, but with these long ques I get really frustrated - it's affecting my desire to play the game now cuz I'm so much lower level than most of my guildies and I'm basically soloing now (also cuz I am trying different builds out and getting mad that they don't work and deleting them).

• 2 weeks later...

Our server is currently listed as "full" and new players cannot even begin on our server. The wait times for WvW are very long, just ask Martok. There is no point being on the best WvW server if you never get to play. Maybe this will be fixed when MoP launches on the 25th. But I am of the opinion that the queues are too long and with the server being full and not accessable to new players we may have to consider going to a less populated server before the free transfers are over. (if they arent already)

I know from reading on the GW2 forums that there are the low population servers with almost instant queue to WvW. On the flipside of that people are going to have to be more willing to show up and help/group with guildies as there will be less people running around doing stuff in PvE.

A third of this game is PvE

A third of this game is Spvp (structured pvp)

A third of this game is WvW (world vs world)

We are currently cut off from a third of the game. It is not possible for medium and small guilds to participate in WvW on our server due to the queue. We also have members that are unable to be on our server currently due to it being full. I hope the release of Mists of Pandara changes this some. As I've said before, I'm willing to give it some time but will not tolerate only having access to 2/3 of the game while being cut off from other members.

Founds this: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Queues-for-WvW-The-Official-Thread/first

Hey everyone, sorry to not post about this sooner, the last few days have been a little hectic and I wanted to verify a couple things first about the issues we’ve been seeing with the queues before posting anything.

As many of you know, it is possible for someone to queue up for a map after you and get in first. We’re trying to get that fixed as soon as possible but unfortunately we still need a bit more time to solve the problem. We will definitely keep you updated when there is any news on our progress.

I have been checking the queue sizes and wait times for each matchup, and there are a couple interesting things I’ve observed so far that may help reduce queue times for some of you.

Worlds at the top of the rankings can have queues that reach multiple hours (particularly for the Eternal Battlegrounds map), but most of the worlds in the bottom half of the ranking quite frequently have open spots in at least a few maps, and the lower ranked the server is, the more likely it is that there are spots available. I’ll be posting the up to date world rankings shortly.

When there are queues for every map, the wait time for borderland maps tends to be shorter. Enemy team borderlands tend to have the smallest queues for just about every team so you may want to try entering those maps first before attempting to queue for the Eternal Battlegrounds. If you are just entering the queue for the battlegrounds and not checking the borderlands maps first to see if they have space open, you could be missing out on playing in the Borderlands while you wait for a spot to open up for you in the Battlegrounds.

That being said, while we still have worlds that consistently have open spots for more players, it would be fantastic if some players out there could help us spread the WvW population out a bit so we don’t have a few heavily stacked populations facing large queues on some worlds while many other worlds still have room to support people.

While I know this isn’t what most of you wanted to hear, I also want all of you to know that we are still investigating numerous other options we can take to help resolve some of these ongoing queue issues and we’ve been discussing them internally every day to see what would provide everyone with the best long term solution, but we wont have anything ready on that front for quite a while.

Ideally, we would see some people move from worlds with extreme queue times to worlds that need additional people and start building up active wvw communities there as well. Having more worlds with heavily active populations in WvW will be a very good thing for the long term health of the game, and spreading out the population will help reduce the queue times on the worlds with the longest queues.

While queues do indeed suck, the fact that they are this bad is because so many of you are trying to play and that is actually one of the best possible problems we can have at this point. It may sound silly, but it means that there are quite a few of you out there are enjoying the game and we’re thrilled that so many of you are out there trying to fight for your world. We will do our best to make sure you can.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to post any additional queue comments to this thread only from now on and refrain from creating additional threads about it.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

At least they aren't saying "Working as Intended!"

Yeah, at least ArenaNet is not Biotrash.

Just wish they would put more effort towards it. But then again, adding more people would probably just push it back further. More updates on what they are working on would be nice.

It would be a PITA to get the influence to get back where we are now. Unless everyone leveled 5 alts and got their letter of commendations that are worth 400 influence and saved those should we pop over to another server.

It would be interesting to see how the que times change just by fixing the 'jump in line' bug that they were talking about.

I do agree with those who would rather stay on a busier server with the better PVP culture than go to a craptastic one, so we should probably at least wait that long before jumping servers.

"Hi everyone!

I wanted to let those wondering know; we are racing to reduce the queue times. We are gathering as much data as we can on this situation and looking at multiple ways to get even more people into WvW. We are absolutely amazed at the amount of people wanting to get into WvW, and will do everything in our power to ensure that everyone that wants to play can play. While I’m not able to say exactly what our plans are at this time, many options are on the table and we are working quickly to get the most viable options into development."

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-QUES-40-000-account-per-server-is-NOT-accetpable/first#post190931

Archived