Beta Weekend 3

Martok

So all of our old beta characters will be wiped, along with server selection.

I think we should just all roll on Tarnished Coast again since thats where most of us were located at last time.

As release gets closer, we'll have to come to an agreement on final server selection.

Few things to keep in mind:

There are a few "mega guilds/alliances" popping up. We certainly do not want to be on any of those servers. I really hate it when one group of people dominate an entire server (Team Legacy) for instance.

If the pre-order number is accurate at 1million, I think most servers on release will have heavy populations.

This is only a fraction of the people playing: http://titanpad.com/ep/pad/view/4SyT2aGiZB/latest

ArenaNet needs to release the final server name list. Or at least if the beta server names will be in the final live version (even if they decide to add more).

We need to plan if they do not release that information. How should we pick a server? Choose the middle ground when the game comes up on the 25th? Servers with med population starting with letter 'H' or something of the like?

Servers are up, and characters are wiped...I notice the same server names as beta, so I'm assuming this is it. And Tarnished Coast is on that list.

Anywho, won't get to play much this beta either, the unfortunate side effect of always working weekends, but I'll be on a bit under Talonne as Slyvari. Holla if you see me. :)

I just had a few minutes to try BWE3 when I got home today, and they have made major performance improvements since BWE2. Still a few bugs that have existed since the BWE1 build related to nvidia 3d vision (like the windows cursor overlaying the GW2 cursor with 3d vision turned on in the nvidia control panel, and the game crashing while loading with 3D enabled unless IE is open), but it definately looks pretty, I'd say the overall engine performs better than WoW's... and I won't even talk about it compared to the SWTORtanic.

It will be nice when/if they allow us to do more custom interfaces... like draggable chat windows/party windows, etc.

Archived