I have lost my Dark Side!

Nadjha

I guess I have been too nice in the last few years, I found it hard to embrace my dark side while playing SWTOR during beta. I kept making the wrong choices and picking light side options. I will definitely work on this before launch.

I did enjoy the testing. My favorite classes to play were Bounty Hunter and Smuggler.

I hope we all get the 5 day early access :)

Marie

Honestly I think the options to pick which decision (light or dark) are what really make this game so incredible and I personally don't have a problem with people who choose the opposite of their faction at times. I'm curious to see what happens later in the game based on decisions, but I love the fact that you get to choose to do a good dead every now and then or you can be utterly ruthless if you want. The fact that we get to make the decisions is very fun and engaging IMHO.

Same here, though I picked them on purpose... basically wanting to see at what point (if ever) there is a break in the "sides". So far no luck in that experiment, though I have noticed if you go contrary to your "sides" natural choice the fights in that quest string are way tougher than if you stick with your sides natural choice.

I can verify that, there was a saber I was looking at for my beta main and you needed light level III to get it. Had the light level just not the commendations needed. That being said the fact that (in the last weekend beta) saber colors were locked out for the various sides was kind of a bummer.

I found myself hitting escape quite often to pick the good answer when I played the bounty hunter, but sometimes I had to disagree with why I got the light side answer on my sith for what I thought was evil... *shrug*

In the thanksgiving beta, my bounty hunter was close to 2000 light, my sith had a total of -1650, with over 2000 in dark but like I mentioned above I got some non-evil thought to be evil answers. and that was before I found out about the escape key :D

the thing about the light or dark only sabers was merely affecting the color it seemed, if you want to run a revan follower with a blue saber... I compared the stats and they seemed practically identical. Would make a bit more sense to give a dark saber a tap effect and a light saber a regen or something.