Guild Name & Guild Leader needed

So its time to get ready to enter the world of Star Wars. Here in a few months release will be here and we need to be ready! I have discussed the game with many people in game and it seems that many of us will at least be giving it a try. So...to start us out we need a few guild leaders. It looks like we are mixed 50/50 on if we want to be Republic or Sith faction. Lets plan on starting a guild in both factions.

Anyone have some suggestions on guild names?

Anyone interested in being our guild leader?

Please reply here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I know it's been a while, but I figured I'd poke my head in here and try to rustle up some excitement.

So here's where we're at:

- I had discussions with Uglutz and we believe that any SWTOR guild we create should roughly follow the same principles as Clan Skullcrushers. That is to say:

- It should be established on an eastern RP server
- Have some background lore
- Cater to mature players
- Focus on family, friends, helping each other, socializing, RP and end-game content (in other words be fairly diverse and inviting)

- I don't mind throwing my name in as an initial guild leader if it helps get some traction from other players here

- I'll admit, I am not good with RP. RPing a Sith or Imperial character seems a little strange to me given their modern/space-age context. I'll do whatever I can to foster RP, but I'll definitely need help with this aspect of guild management.

- That being said, I really need someone to co-manage this guild with me. Preferably someone who's a lot more gifted with the RP side of things.

- The current thought is that we would create a guild for both Light and Dark Sides.

- I'll admit that for now, I'm not sure this is a wise choice. I fear that it will only fragment the group from the start. Without knowing how many folks are actually interested in joining SWTOR and how the parallel guilds will be administered, I believe a more conservative approach might be best. We can always expand to a second guild later on.
- Following this thought process I'd suggest starting Dark Side. (Only because CS is a Horde guild and a good number of players will be originating from there.)

- Right now the main blocking factor is determining a guild name and having it registered on www.swtor.com

- Ideas right now are to have something that is fairly neutral (so as to not inhibit the creation of a parallel Light/Dark-Side guild)
- Have an "invented" name that we could build up some lore around

- Finally, with or without an established guild name, we have already gotten an guild alliance request from Winter Wolves. They are bringing their Horde guild from WoW to SWTOR and will also be establishing themselves on an eastern RP server.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. I'd love to get people's thoughts on this and please if you have ANY suggestion for a guild name (even if you think it's not great) please post it!

Well, I'll help with starting the guild. I have no reservations with starting either as dark side or both a dark and light side guild. I haven't committed to any character type yet (and will most likely try a few from each side). I can help with the RP / lore aspect of creating the guild and getting together a back story (I did this for CS as well as some of our previous guilds).

I will look up some SW lore stuff to help with a guild name. There are a few "set in stone" principles when it comes to a name. The words "Guardians, Light, Dark, Evil, Republic, Empire, etc" should not be used. Keep it simple.....

First submission I have for a guild name is "Vigilance" That can be either a dark or light side name...depending on your point of view.

I haven't committed to any character type yet (and will most likely try a few from each side)

My understanding and based on my very limited experience on the beta, is that the classes (although named differently) are identical on both sides. The abilities may be called or even appear different, but they match 1:1 between light and dark.

The words "Guardians, Light, Dark, Evil, Republic, Empire, etc" should not be used.

D'oh!

I was hoping for "The Republic Guardians of Light" :p

Just a recap of our previous suggestions; there was also the option of going with something "made up".

You had mentioned "Drox Narr" or something close to that. Although between the two, I much prefer "Vigilance".

Edited by Calendar

Alright, so I think that with a release date announced, we probably shouldn't wait around too long before creating our guild. That being said, with the current limited number of players that have expressed interest and knowing that it's almost impossible to have general consensus on a name; I'll be putting a deadline for guild creation.

October 1st will be our deadline. If by then we have not determined a better name for our guild, we'll go with "Vigilance".

Sounds good?

Working on basic rules theme.

1. No drama! Leave your baggage at the login screen.
  2. 18+ preferred. While we would like to maintain a family atmosphere the occasional off-colored comment is going to be thrown out there. *Exceptions to this guild can only be made by the GM.
  3. Respect fellow guild members. Disagreements happen but in the end we’re all one cohesive group.
  4. Voice chat- currently Teamspeak, is required.
  5. This is a casual RP guild. RP is encouraged but not mandatory at all times.

Lol Syban? Haven't seen you post on the forums in like...years! Good to see you.

Zuworty- Go ahead and make the guild Vigilance as a sith guild. If others really want to have a republic guild, we can do another as well.

Personally I find Vigilance to be a good starter name, though any background (RP) history that is developed can flavor what the name could be.

Hi Syban,

I guess there are two ways we could go; create a background story in order to come up with a name OR start with a name and build the story. Seeing as input has been somewhat limited to this point, I'm opting for the second choice (especially since we seem to have a name a lot folks agree with).

But...

If you want to put forth a story, you're more than welcome too! I'm sure folks would be happy to pitch in too!

Edited by Calendar

Looking forward to what you all cook up and will help you with character startup also....reserved copy long time ago.

I look forward to hearing what you all come up with....good to hear from you Calandar n Syban

Hello everyone, good to see everyone still about to be honest.

I'm all for the name then come up with history option. Besides all the names I could come up with had the "Guardians, Light, Dark, Evil, Republic, Empire, etc" problem.

Well I have a background idea that may go along with the name vigilance. We could be a secret branch of the sith military created by the emperor who's purpose is to watch over the Sith hierarchy and keep the empire from destroying itself. Or something along those lines just throwing some ideas out there to get things rolling

And good to see you syban been a long time

Suggestion.....

Start with a mid stance...............The Vigilance.....which could go either way just as it is

as time progresses (alts expand etc) and players seem to move one way or other you could then develope with (Could be sects within the guild or branch out into alliance guilds to main starting guild)

The Vigilance Eclipse (Dark siders)....thier influence and might is so powerful it is able to blot out the sun of systems they control

The Vigilance Keepers (Light sider)...thier influence and might is so strong it maintains the lines not to cross.

Hey guys,

So a few updates;

- The guild was created (in advance of schedule)...blame Uglutz, he pressured me!

Guild Information:

• Allegiance to: The Sith Empire
  • RP
  • English, US East (EST)
  • Moderate (10-20 hrs/week), light roleplaying
  • Guild Leader: Khabe

- All of the above information can be changed, the only thing that remains final is the guild name. That being said, there is 1 more guild besides our own named "Vigilance" with the EXACT same guild characteristics as ours. I'm not sure what this means, I can only assume that we won't be put on the same server (is this a big deal? how will Bioware distribute guilds/players among servers? who knows?).

- I'd like to say for the record that also liked Borg's idea:

The Vigilance Eclipse (Dark siders)....thier influence and might is so powerful it is able to blot out the sun of systems they control

The Vigilance Keepers (Light sider)...thier influence and might is so strong it maintains the lines not to cross.

- We aren't so far invested into this that we couldn't change this now. The longer we wait the harder it'll be however.

- I would HIGHLY encourage folks to join the guild ASAP. You can do this by either giving me your email address (so that I can send you an invite) or by searching the SWTOR guilds and applying via the website. The reason why this is important is that once we reach 10 players, we become eligible to receive a guild BETA invite.

Guild Characteristics (used for recruiting)

The following are the set of "Administrator Settings" that I can tweak for the purposes of recruitment. I list them here and the choices I made so that folks get an opportunity give their own opinions:

Dedication Level

No preference

Casual (< 10 hrs/week)

*Moderate (10-20 hrs/week)

Hardcore (20+ hrs/week)

Activity Focus

*No preference

PvP

Questing

Social

Endgame Content

Role-Playing Level

No preference

*Light

Heavy

None

Organizational Guidelines (Pick from any below - I didn't pick any)

Scheduled play sessions

Voice chat required

Forum and website usage required

Chatty

Mission Statement

We get 300 characters to describe our guild's mission statement. This is still a work in progress.

On a totally unrelated note; seems like guilds are trying to recruit other guilds, I got spammed with a bunch of requests for mergers. Odd...

Edited by Calendar

I forgot to add (although Uglutz mentioned on a seperate thread), Bioware provides guilds with their own forums (there's both public and private). We'll need to decide how we want to make use of those, but for now T.H.E forums will be our primary means of communication (mostly for recruitment purposes).

ROFL

They are an elite unit, dealing swift justice to any who would cross them, Republicans and Emperials alike.

Republicans? I don't think thats the right term. haha

Emperials? Thats not right. (Imperials)

And not to sound hateful, but it sounds like a four year old constructed that wording.

It should say something like "Commissioned by Keeper, this elite unit deals out swift and unwavering justice to those that stand in the way of Imperial progress."

And if you don't know who Keeper is, read up on the lore of the game!