PVP Bug

Muato

SO, I've mentioned this on g-chat, but I wanted everyone to know about the rumored bug with PvP bonus honor regarding the daily quest.

It seems that if you complete the daily, and turn it in, then continue to engage in PvP, you do not get your bonus honor calculated correctly. To avoid the bug, you must turn the quest in LAST, as in, before you log off for the night.

I've been subject to this bug for weeks now, and was always wondering why my honor was 500-1000 pts off the next day. It's been posted on numerous times on Blizz's forums, thought no official response had been made. I do know one thing...since I've been turning my quest in before I log, my honor has been spot-on. Evidence enough for me.

So, here is what you need to do to avoid the bug:

1) Get the PvP daily, and complete it...but DO NOT turn it in

2) Continue to PvP until you get tired and are ready to log out for the night

3) Turn in your daily, and DO NOT pvp again until after 3am EST the following day when honor has been calculated and the new daily PvP quest appears

Of course, this is all rumor...but it's worked for me in practice, and I'm sure we'll never get an answer from Blizz.

-Muato

Blizzard has actually acknowledged the bug. It's one of those double-count errors that keep popping up in their calcs. They've said they fixed it twice now but it just won't go away.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been going on for months sadly - you can turn it in anytime - but once you zone to another area (instance, new bg, hop through a portal in Shat to a capital) it adds another 419 honor.

I turn it in as soon as I finish it and expect 419 less honor the next day (you still get the bonus honor, just not the 838 it ends up reporting it as).