Wheel of Time series

Kailand

Hi,

Looks like the author has been chosen to finish of the late Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=326

http://www.dragonmount.com/Books/Memory_of...nterview_01.php

I can't wait to read it... but it won't quite be the same.

Cripes... this damn series takes EONs to publish.

I appreciate what his death brings, and I mourn it...but good lord! Half this book is already written, so I thought!

Fall 2009 *grumbles* :)

..ahh well at least I can say its finally done I guess.. not sure if its a blessing or bane hes passed on.. I have long since lost any interest in Rand an dream nightly of his demise.. the only two characters I follow are Matt, an Perrin.. wish they had their own books.. the whole series has gotten a bit stale an overbloated.. after the first five books I started to read the sword of truth series which has ALOT of similar themes, an seems to be better written.. Its kinda sad, I would find myself skipping large portions of the books trying to find the Matt stories, or other odd characters.. because they seemed fun an interesting.. while rand was the same theme/story/whine over an over again.. its sad to see that its gonna end before it was finished but I hope the last book when it comes out will maybe tie up at least a FEW loose ends.. Its kinda like the Dune series of books, the first few were very good, but by the end it just got so lost in all the story plots, an backhistory it lost interest..

.. if you like the wheel of time i would also suggest you check out george martins ' A story of ice an fire ' series.. which has alot of similar themes, an is going quiet strong at book three (but dont get too happy he seems to write a book every decade so your childrens children might get to read it heh)