the Codxs say this

Mare Jade Sky

IV . Interaction with " enemies " may often result in combat. Be mindful that not all encounters must go this route, and that certain guilds will often opt for something other than straight combat. There may be taunts, jests and the like. Highlighting is to enhance game play, not to provide an excuse for mindless battle. Make sure there is reason behind your actions either through what the guild leaders have stated or as a result of your true play of roles with your character. Some may wish to take hostages or have a tribute paid for safe passage. Just be mindful of alternatives to combat and that these actions can be just as rich and rewarding as battle.

V . When engaging the enemy, many guilds will offer or warn in some manner that they are about to attack. Don ' t be blind to such warnings. As members of PGoH, you are expected to do this yourself, 'tis the honorable thing to do, but not all guilds will do so. It will take a small effort on your part to learn how certain guilds engage. Orcs are different than Pirates; Pirates are different from Undead; Undead are different from . . . well, you get it. If you are unsure of someone ' s intent, then use extreme caution. Some examples of what PGoH members might say in a challenge of battle include, but are not restricted to:

i . " Prepare yourself for battle. "

ii . " You are trespassing upon our territory. State your intention or face the sword. "

iii . " I don ' t quite care for people like you. You had best remove yourself from my sight before I must take action. "

VI . If you trespass upon another guild ' s lands and they are " enemies " , expect that you will be attacked on sight. While PGoH will issue challenges to anything other than what resembles a war party, other guilds, such as the Orc Clans, are very territorial. This means if you step on their lands expect aggression, though if you are quick and offer tribute you might be granted a moment to speak . . . or to flee.

VII . Should you slay your opponent in combat you must adhere to the following:

i . Do Not Loot!!!

ii . When it is safe to do so, resurrect them.

VIII . Death of yourself should be treated in the following manner. There are absolutely no exceptions to this.

i . Should you die, wait for resurrection from a fellow guild member or should the situation dictate, your attackers.

ii . Upon resurrection you are to remain in a death robe for 30 minutes. You are not to block or interfere with any events going on until that 30 minute period has passed. Do not hold any weapon or spell book (except to heal yourself or remove yourself from the scene, then remove it). Note, if you leave the scene you must still wear your death robe. You are still the " walking dead " for that 30 minute period.

iii . Should you have reason to dispute the action taken against you, remove yourself.

(but lasted nite i was kill in luna on my way to the moongate. i was not told that i was in a fight. and i was not even ask. there was no guild tag so i dont know what guild he or she was in but i do remember the name. but the worsted this about all of this is that he or she was REZ KILLING me till i losted everything that i owend on my chiv tamer be cuz i ran out of gold on her. i just want to posted this to let you know to look out for a char name Arthr.)

Edited by Mare Jade Sky

No need to quote so much from the codex... killing without warning (once) may only be considered "borderly" ok, in a specific threatened land. Of course, Luna is no such place. NO ONE is allowed to do this.

Killing and re-killing is not even a RP crime, it is a crime against the RP community (and not just the against ones character), and should be dealt as such.

When someone is killed the second time... do nothing but send a hail over ICQ and wait a minute. You may get good, reliable witnesses and maybe a good PVPer to help you, before you lose everything.

As for proof against any murderer or culprit, there are two good ways to find/accuse them:

1. Always use UO Journal. This way you will have the exact happening of things, including language used, names and could also have names of witnesses.

2. Hit "Print Screen" and paste to "Paint". if you have the culprit's paperdoll open on it, much better. This could be used with www.uo.com character find, so you can match a photo with the official UO paperdoll.

As for your case... Although Charlie has some PC problems and Kodoz is in Japan, I have absolutely no doubt that they will address this issue immediately.

Also: there is no character named "Arthr" on catskills. If you had a typing mistake, please correct it. There are (on catskills) 4 "Arthur", 1 "artur" and 2 "Arthur ..." so until then... be careful of those 7.

Guest Charlie

I looked through every guild we are warred with all of them have no one by that name, with or without a possible typo. They could have had a disquise kit however the guilds are very strict role players. It would help to have a screen shot or something and if you get attacked like that then leave. Do not hesitate to do so for rp,at this point i cant really do much more than what i have done already and look into it since i have nothing more than an anonomous name and guild. We are no longer warred with the problem guilds like undead and lich who will kill but even they dont rez kill.

I can research it more but to do more i need more than what i have because i cant just accuse every guild of being a pker.

i did send icq to the one that were on or that said were on but only one relpaid and told me oh well , but i do know that this char that kill me was a sleath archer and his or her name did started with arth something but like you said i could or spelled it wrong but when this person is found i think he or she should retrun the gold taken from me

oh ya i have started to relplace some of my thing lossed i only have so far the birt libery tail of bird slaying and a very bad luck sute but i am working on it

Edited by Mare Jade Sky

Mare,

I am sorry to hear about the incident with the res killing. There are bad people everywhere, even in the best of guilds, they can slip in. I wish that I was on and able to lend you a hand. Maybe we can work on getting you a better suit and such. My character doesnt have a lot of money but maybe I have an odd piece laying around that you would be more than welcome to. I hope things get better for you soon. As for the res killer, I would do everything in my power to watch out for him in the future. I would also suggest that we as a group, maybe patrol this area around the same time this happened to you. However, I am not sure it would or would not do any good because this person may have moved on to more innocent victims. I wish you the best and if you need me, give me a q.

My aim is blueeyes36278 and my yahoo is hlaney36278 if you cant get me on icq. Maybe I will happen to see at least one of them.

Callista

Thats terrible, no roleplayer should ever be res killed by an enemy guild. However, next time its really important that you get their name & if possible a screenshot. It'll make things a lot easier for Kodoz and Charlie, a lot easier.. trust me..I know.

Greetings... i'm sorry for your loss... not only the items but above all the trust in the community.

Old story... when we got the runic hammers for the first time the rping community was able to make impressive weapons, mane pvpers joined the rping community, slew folk and stole those weapons... there was no insurance then...

New story... yours.

Reasons to do what your assassin did:

- for fun and loot,

- to disrupt the guild,

- personal attack,

- many other options since i'm not omniscient.

How could he prevent detection:

- incognito,

- disguise tool,

- leave guild after attack...

How to detect him:

- any human character using forensic eval on your corpse,

- check the name of the player that made his suit, sometimes you can track his crafter...

- check his doll and read profile if any, some forget to change it...

- make list of items you lost and send to everyone in the icq/aim list... maybe he tries to sell something you had...

(long ago, i was killed by a Robert from TB, they marked runes saying bods which led to a tent outside kinship, in skara felluca... there a fencer was pking those that recalled while robert was the grey healer... and i used the rune with my artisan, lost 120 fencing ps, mining +5 gloves and several items... then gri went there and killed them, removed the runes from the moongates/shops... he gave the mining gloves to his gm, she had already received my icq and she understood he was the pker... so we got a list of his characters, pked him over and over when we saw him in felluca, banned him from the rping guilds and boards... and he left uo... i kept the gloves till the last birthday of Anthea... where we dyed them White and gave it...

How to prove it was him:

- pictures of his deed, your journal... and guild backup, which you know you have.

How to recover from this:

- post list of skills you are working so you get power scrolls,

- plan or join any of the hunts so you have fun and find some items,

- post what character you play so you get the right set of armor,

- kill the guy over and over or at least make sure he is banned from the rping community and killed on sight in felluca... i can help with the kos in felluca...

Best wishes of a fast recovery...

ONE CIRCLE!