Gruul's Lair for tomorrow, cancelled.

Amahli

Couple reasons it was cancelled.

First, I can never get a full raid to sign up on our Raid Signups page. So I'm stuck with wondering what the hell I'm going to do about the 5-10 people I'm missing. Will I have to replace them? Will I be able to replace them? Is it honestly that hard to click the little button to Signup?

The second reason is personal, and I don't want to have to really deal with the drama of scrambling around and trying to find replacements for the people who have to leave early, or the people who don't show up at all, or the ones who cancel last minute. So I'm going to deal with my stuff, so I can deal with the raid.

Should be up next week if we get enough folks signed up.

Well, that is a good reason, even if it is for the wake up call that people have to sign up ::looks around camp and growls at those who don't::. if you don't sign up, how are people supposed to know you want to go. This applies to both Gruul's lair and the karazahn run(s).

That's so true, Kailand, and goes for 'not enough' and 'too many' people scenarios. When we were doing MC and BWL, both of which usually had a surplus of signups for the raid size, Maube and I frequently had people that would forget to sign up, but thought they were going....it's a common problem for any raid that doesn't use a fixed roster.

Also, I encourage people to sign up that want to go even if you aren't picked for previous ones (but still want to go). I always worked off of the 'in queue' list for my raids in the past, personally, since relying on friends lists tends to be a bit...unreliable...for filling vacancies. My personal philosophy is to use the queued list because the folks there are at least known to me (or should be). I know what they can do, and they have already planned to be online that night for the duration of the raid. I made the decision a few times to go with fewer people over replacing/introducing new people for many reasons.

Given everything that Amahli and other raid leaders have to deal with, pestering people to sign up shouldn't be one of them. If you want to go, sign up. If you don't sign up, don't expect to go or get a "Are you sure you don't want to go?". Also, if you do sign up, but can't go for some reason, at least send your raid leader a PM or cancel your signup....no-shows are much harder to plan for than even a last-minute cancellation or "I'm going to be late".

Leading a raid is like planning a wedding every week...it's difficult work and unless people RSVP, you're stuck shrugging at the caterer when they ask about headcount. Nothing sucks more for a raid leader than starting the night's invites while looking at a light roster...1% wipes are easier to deal with than that :laugh:

I know it's tough to run these and breaks from time to time are always good, This is the only raid that I sign up for so for me it is kinda special. Take care of stuff, if you need me I'll try to make some time to help, seems that my time is split pretty good with helping everyone grind the professions that I can help with. I even get a quest done once in a while too :).