Note about Master Looting in Kara

Maube

Reommended to not do it - beause of how Bliz set up recipe drops as only the crafter can see it - so if Bar as an alchemist is Master Looter - and an enchanting/tailoring/smithing/engi recipe drops - it is completely missed and therefore destroyed.

It hasnt been officially noted yet - but remember back to Master Looting in Strat - if the MLer didnt have the insignia equiped - no Scourgestones

Better to be safe then sorry =)

Brought to you by Maube's forum trolling

I feel I must affirm that Maube's Forum Trolling is in no way associated with Gorrin's Forum Trolling, this is a blatant attempt to capitulize on the freaking awesomeness of Gorrin and to access Gorrinmod restricted abilities. My people shall be in contact soon.

Oh, don't be so shocked. It's like one of those really deep thoughts that you think, but don't know you're thinking until one day when you're eating left over lasagna because there's absolutely nothing even semi edible left in the house that you think to yourself "Whoa! Maube has gone a few weeks without harassment!" And the rest is, well as they say, history.

Oh, and in keeping with the original intent of the thread, you know how I do hate such thread stealers *glares at Gorrin (I hate that guy!* even though I've never been to Karazhan, I'm going to have to tell y'all that it is indeed just peachy fine to master loot inside. Nothing bad can possibly happen, and there's only joy to be had. Would I lie? Well, you won't know if I am lying until you try it!..ok, yeah, I'm lying, but still come on, I double dog dare you, now you have to.

I feel I must affirm that Maube's Forum Trolling is in no way associated with Gorrin's Forum Trolling, this is a blatant attempt to capitulize on the freaking awesomeness of Gorrin and to access Gorrinmod restricted abilities. My people shall be in contact soon.

:smurf:

Blue post denying there's a problem with this: CLICKY.....but who knows. Coming from QA, though, that carries a bit of weight with me, so I'd tend to believe it.

I saw the original post about this on the forums and, honestly, the drop rates for the patterns is pretty low to begin with and some have a lower rate than others. Wouldn't surprise me if the conjecture is more related to bad luck than a problem in the visibility code in ML scenarios. One thing I can attest to is the ability of the looter to see the recipes in group-loot scenarios, but the roll dialog is only displayed for those of that profession, so I suspect that the visibility suppression is only related to the dialog rather than not seeing the item at all when looting the corpse first-hand. In solo play, I've had countless Robe of Winter Night patterns drop for me, despite not being a tailor...I can't imagine they would just make the item invisible since many people actually change professions if they obtain a very, very rare pattern unexpectedly...

I know that there were past problems with quest items (specifically the AQ gates questline), but those problems seemed to centre around the items being visible, but not lootable, which I believe this has since been fixed.

If you want to be cautious, go group loot, but I personally put no stock in the theory. It would make ML'ing totally undesirable in any situation, with so many BoP patterns being scattered throughout Outland and other instances (yes, even the older ones).

good point... I never really pay attention, and just pass.

Ill keep a watchful eye out. To boot, the small group of Karazhan raiders is an easy loot situation. No worries there.

are they BoP or BoE?

Pretty sure the ones I've seen post-BC were all BoP, including the two leatherworking hat recipes I have on Kelani...Smed saw them (being the looter) and I did in the roll window, but nobody else seemed to unless they went to the body. I seem to recall seeing another BoP non-leatherworking recipe when I was looting as well (all on group loot, but the mechanic should be the same).